Calling all the chocolate bars lovers out there! These homemade vegan bounty bars are SUPER easy to make and only require 4 ingredients!
If you’re anything of a coconut lover like me, you’ll probably crave every now and then the popular bounty bars (aka mounds) just as much as I do. And that’s precisely where this recipe comes from: late-night bounty/chocolate cravings.
I love recreating popular candy bars from scratch. They usually taste way much better than the commercial version, and most importantly you know exactly what goes in it.
These vegan bounty bars are possibly the best chocolate bar I have ever tested. Awesomely vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and low in sugar, they’re ready in less than 30 min, and you only need 4 simple ingredients to make them: desiccated coconut flour, coconut milk, dark chocolate (make sure it’s organic vegan chocolate) and maple syrup.
Most recipes call for condensed milk, but you’ll be amazed by the great results you’ll get with organic coconut milk. Not only you’ll get the same delicious result, but it also makes this recipe completely vegan and it’s definitely a healthier option.
How to Make Vegan Bounty Bars in 3 very easy steps
Throw all the ingredients apart from the chocolate in your food processor, and mix for 30 sec until combined. If you don’t have a food processor simply put the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spatula.With the help of your hands roll small amounts of the mixture into bars.Arrange them on a baking tray covered with parchment and let them rest in the fridge for 1 h, or pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
While the coconut bars set, melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a heat-proof bowl over a pan with boiling water ( bain-marie). Then arrange the bars on a cooling rack and cover each one of them with melted chocolate.
The chocolate you choose, is critical for the bars you’ll get. If you want bounty bars go for milk chocolate (but they won’t be vegan), if you want mounds go for 70% dark chocolate. I personally like the dark chocolate version, it doesn’t only taste better, but it’s lighter and lower in fat.
These vegan bounty bars are also really fun to make – Get your kids involved or ask your friends to come over and help you make a BIG batch!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
- 7oz / 200g desiccated coconut flour
- ¾ can (10oz) coconut milk (eliminate the watery part)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 7oz / 200g 70% dark chocolate or milk chocolate
- In a food processor add coconut flour, coconut milk and maple syrup. Mix for 30 seconds or until combined, scraping down the mixture with a spatula if necessary.
- With the help of your hands, shape the mixture into bars and arrange them on a baking tray covered with parchment. Refrigerate for 1h or set in the freezer for 10-15 min.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a heat-proof bowl over a pan filled with simmering water. Once melted allow to slightly cool.
- Dip evenly each bounty into melted chocolate and arrange on a cooling rack. Make sure you put some parchment paper beneath the rack to catch the chocolate in excess.
- Allow your bounty bars to set then serve. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.