1. Log files and cookies
Like nearly all WordPress blogs, this site stores “convenience” cookies on your computer whenever you leave a comment. The cookies record the name, email address, and URL that you enter when you submit a comment so that you won’t have to re-type that info the next time you leave a comment on this site. If you do not consent to this and wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your web browser options, but then you will have to retype this information each time you comment. Instructions for doing so and for more info on cookies, can be found here.
Third-party advertisers may also place and read cookies on your browser and/or use collect information about visitors. However, ThePetiteCook.com has no access to or control over these cookies. If you are concerned, you should review the respective privacy policies on any and all third-party ad servers appearing on ThePetiteCook.com for more information regarding their practices and how to opt-out.
2. Google analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that I use to help understand how visitors engage with this website. In order to provide me with information on visitor numbers and trends (e.g. popular posts) Google analytics uses log files to learn about when, from where, and how often traffic flows to this site, allowing me to create a better user experience for you.
Cookies and log files are small pieces of information about each visitor which are stored by The Petite Cook to enable me to track broad trends such as the times when users prefer to visit; posts that were most popular with users; and countries from which users visited. None of this information is linked to anything that personally identifies the person who is visiting.
The information in the log files include:
- Internet Protocol addresses (IP)
- Types of browser
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Date and time stamp
- Referring and exit pages
- Number of clicks made on this site
It reports website trends using cookies without identifying individual visitors. You can read more about how it works and what information it collects at the Google Analytics Privacy Overview.
Jetpack is a web analytics tool that I use to help understand how visitors engage with this website. It reports website trends using cookies and web beacons without identifying individual visitors. You can read more about how it works and what information it collects at the Google Analytics Privacy Overview.
5. Your e-mail and personal info
You might provide ThePetiteCook.com with personal information in the following contexts:
- Users may choose to receive email blog updates via Jetpack by submitting an email address to the email subscription form. ThePetiteCook.com will never send you an e-mail unless you have specifically opted in to receive blog updates, although I do reserve the right to contact my e-mail subscribers with information related to this website and blog. Subscribers may unsubscribe anytime and every email delivered will contain an “Unsubscribe” link.
- When leaving a comment, users must submit a name and e-mail address. To combat spam, the WordPress blogging platform also records the IP address of anyone submitting a comment.
No email address or any other personal information that you provide on The Petite Cook will ever be shared with anyone without your direct consent.
6. Changes to this policy
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or your dealings with our web site, please contact me.