Add a spicy note to your snack-favorites menu with these tasty Chorizo & Pumpkin Muffins. Perfect for breakfast on cold days or to share with friends on any occasion.
These savory muffins are a fantastic snack option, whether you serve them at breakfast/brunch/lunch/tea time. They’re amazingly easy to make and are ready in less than 30 min.
You can easily make these muffins ahead and even store them in the freeze. This way you’ll have a quick breakfast on the go option during a busy work/school week.
The recipe couldn’t be easier. You only need few simple ingredients, including seasonal pumpkin and a spicy good-quality spanish chorizo.
If chorizo is too spicy for your tastebuds ( make sure you use organic non-processed chorizo to avoid soy and gluten ), try italian smoked pancetta – slightly peppery and packed with aromatic flavors, it’s hard to say which version is tastier.
All you have to do is stir-fry the chorizo with some previously roasted pumpkin, fresh thyme and spring onions.
Gently mix all ingredients together until just combined.
I’ve also managed to sneak in some grated broccoli florets. It’s a smart way to give extra vitamins to no-veggie fans and add a nice crunchy texture.
Pour the muffin mixture into a small non-stick muffin pan, and bake for 15 mins.
Your kitchen will smell delicious after about 10 mins, try to hold yourself tigh and wait until your muffins are golden and crisp on top.
Allow to cool a very tiny bit before devouring them up!
I hope you give these chorizo and pumpkin muffins a try. If you do, make sure to comment here below and share with me your thoughts and your favorite ingredients. Don’t forget to snap a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it with me on Instagram! Looking at your pictures makes me always smile :).
- 8oz/200gr chorizo, finely cubed
- 8oz/200gr pumpkin wedges
- few sprigs of thyme
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 slice ciabatta bread, cubed
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup raw broccoli florets, grated
- Extravirgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season pumpkin wedges with salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Wrap them up in foil and bake in a preheated oven to 360F/180C for 15 mins.
- Once soft and cooked through, chop the pumpkin flesh in a bowl.
- Heat a large pan until medium-hot. Dry-fry the chorizo bits until crisp, then add 1 tbsp of olive oil and fold in spring onions and pumpkin. Season and saute' for 2 mins.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a bowl to cool down.
- In a large bowl beat well the eggs and season. Add crumbled feta, yogurt, bread, grated broccoli and almond flour.
- Mix well, fold the chorizo mixture in and gently combine all ingredients.
- Divide the mixture evenly into a small non-stick muffin pan.
- Bake in a prheated oven to 360F/180C for about 15-20 mins until muffins are golden crisp. If they brown too fast, cover with foil.
- Remove muffins from the pan, allow to cool and serve hot or cold. You can also freeze a small batch and enjoy later.