These mini gluten-free pasta bake with crispy pancetta and mushroom are the ultimate comfort food to make everyone around the table happy.
Gluten free pasta like you never had it before! Made from a great combination of corn, quinoa and rice, you would never guess there’s no gluten in it. I’ve used Garofalo Mafalde corte, a traditional curly shape of pasta, created to celebrate the In 1902 the birth of the Italian princess Mafalda di Savoia. Mafalde are similar to pappardelle but with a nice scallop-edging. And don’t forget, they’re gluten free.
If you have a gluten allergy, or you just want to taste new flavors, GF pasta is absolutely a must-try, and it comes with extra healthy benefits too. In their GF pasta recipe, Garofalo adds the superfood quinoa to the ingredients list, which means more nutrients to our pasta. Quinoa contains fibre and minerals such as magnesium, iron and zinc, plus it’s a good source of vegetable protein. In a nutshell, it’s simply a great for your body.
This recipe is super easy to make and really stands-out from your regular gluten free pasta dish. Firstly, you make a flavourful mushroom and crispy pancetta ragu, then simply mix it with pasta and crème fraîche together, top with thyme and freshly grated Parmesan cheese and bake for only 3 min, until they’re crispy and golden on top.
Your home will instantly smell amazing! Wait until they’re cool enough, then all everyone at the table and nejoy these yummy comfy pasta pots.
This tasty gluten-free pasta bake with crispy pancetta, sauteed mushrooms and fresh herbs is the show-stopper of any Sunday meal.
A yummy pasta pot is the perfect comfort food that warms your heart up on the last winter days. You can also bake this ahead and serve it at room temperature, making an excellent idea for picnics and lunch outdoors on the upcoming spring days.
[easy-tweet tweet=” Pasta Bake with Crispy Pancetta and Mushroom – Tasty and #glutenfree ” user=”PetiteCook”]
Gluten free - Mini Mushroom Pasta Bake with Crispy Pancetta & Fresh Herbs
- 400 g Garofalo Mafalde corte
- 100 gr / 1 cup chestnut mushroom finely sliced
- 4 tbsp pancetta cubes
- 1/2 leek finely sliced
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 200 g pot half fat crème fraîche
- 5 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- small handful parsley leaves chopped
- few sprigs of thyme
- 1 garlic clove lightly crushed
- Extravirgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat a skillet and ad oil, thyme and garlic. Stir- fry for a minute then, fold leek, pancetta and mushroom in.
- Cook for about 5 min or until cooked through, then season to taste and remove from the heat.
- Boil the pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for 7 min. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the water, then drain the pasta.
- Return the reserved water to the pan and add vegetable stock, whisk in the crème fraîche, then season to taste.
- Stir in the drained pasta, mushroom and bacon, and half the parmesan cheese, mixing until melted.
- Heat the grill for 3 mins. Tip the pasta and vegetables into a shallow, ovenproof dish or into mini casserole dishes.
- Mix together the remaining Parmesan and thyme, then scatter on top.
- Stand the dish on the base of a grill pan and grill for about 3 mins or until golden on top.
- Remove and leave to stand for 5 mins before serving.