These Green Veggies and Feta cheese Mini Frittatas are a great vegetarian appetizer recipe!
- Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, with minor differences:
- The eggs are beaten vigorously to incorporate more air than the usual omelette, for a fluffier result.
- The optional and customizable ingredients are added to the beaten row eggs, rather then folded in while the eggs mixture is already cooking.
- You never fold a frittata, you serve it as it is, fully rounded.
- Although I know many people who can finish a frittata by themselves, usually it's served in slices and it's delicious both hot or cold.
These are the common rules, but rules are meant to be broken, and that's why today we make Mini Frittatas instead of one big whole!
These Green Veggies and Feta cheese Mini Frittatas are a bite-sized version, perfect for a party, lunchbox or mini starter/appetizer. It takes 5 mins to put them together, then straight in the oven until crisp and golden and ready to serve before you even have the time to set up the table!
This recipe will please everybody, it's vegetarian, kids friendly and super easy to make!
You can easily make 2 batches and store in the fridge the left-overs for about 4 days, I love to eat them cold, and after you try these Mini frittatas, I'm sure you will too!
Green Veggies and Feta cheese Mini Frittata
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz/100gr crumbled Feta cheese or ricotta if you like
- 7 oz/200gr defrosted peas
- handful of fresh chopped spinach leaves
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- Extravirgin olive oil as needed
- 1 tbsp Freshly chopped mint leaves
- a pinch of freshly chopped parsley
- Salt&Black pepper freshly cracked
- Preheat the oven to 180C (200F).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until light and bubbly
- Fold in spring onions, feta cheese, peas, parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly mix until combined.
- Grease a muffin tin with oil and evenly pour the frittata mixture in, filling ⅔ of each muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins, or until well set and lightly crisp on top.
- Allow to cool and serve, or refrigerate for up to 4 days.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.