Boozy, fruity and refreshing, these Melon and Tequila Cups are dressed to impress! An unbelievable flavor combination served in pretty cups for the easiest ever summer dessert!
There's only way you can improve an utterly delicious honeydew fruit salad: tequila. This wonderful concoction is made up of honeydew melon + lime + tequila + honey + mint /basil leaves. I went with a combo of mint and basil leaves this time, but feel free to use just one of the two, or throw in some lemon thyme too.
The best part is, this dessert is effortlessly easy to make. All you have to do is chop some honeydew melon and mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Then just leave it in the fridge and forget about it for half an hour. Next thing you know, you'll be enjoying these heavenly boozy Melon & Tequila cups under the hot sun.
In this simple dessert, the ingredients happily marry together to further enhance the flavor of the honeydew, without overpowering it. Good quality really matters here, especially with the tequila. You really do want to use a good quality tequila and super sweet organic honeydew melon.
Bring these Melon and Tequila Cups over with you at the beach, serve them at barbecue's and outdoor events or simply enjoy on a hot day. They're definitely my go-to boozy fruit dessert whenever I throw summer parties!
However you do, make sure to eat responsibly, or you'll get tipsy before you know it!
Melon and Tequila Cups
- 1 honeydew melon
- 3 tbsp cold high-quality tequila
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp organic honey
- a pinch of sea salt flakes
- Few mint sprigs chopped (or basil) + extra to decorate
- Cut the honeydew melon in two and remove the seeds.
- With the help of an ice cream scooper (or melon baller), carve the melon and form neat balls.
- In a large bowl, mix the tequila, lime zest and juice, honey and salt together. If the mix is too sour, add in a little more honey.
- Fold in the melon balls and mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and chill for about 1/2 hour.
- Serve 2/3 melon balls per person with some of the juice. Decorate with extra mint leaves and serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Recipe slightly adapted from Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food Cookbook.