Homemade Apple Chips! A tasty, addicting light snack that is also vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free, and totally kid-friendly!
If you’re craving chips, these homemade apple chips are the much healthier alternative to potato chips.
Indulge yourself into crunchy, delicious apple chips whenever you like without feeling guilty.
These homemade apple chips couldn’t be easier to make. All you need is your favorite apple variety, a pinch of sugar and cinnamon. Simple as that.
I normally use Granny Smith or Pink Lady apple varieties, which are both crispy and very tasty.
The cinnamon is optional, but you don’t really want to skip on that one, as it gives a wonderful spicy flavor to the homemade apple chips. almost reminding you of apple pie.
The secret for crispy homemade apple chips, is to bake the apples at a very low temperature in the oven.
I bake the chips at 200F for about 1 hour, then flip them on the other side and bake for another 1 hour or until they’re crispy enough.
Once they’re ready, allow the apple chips to cool down in the oven, so they get even crispier. Apple chips can be stored in air-tight container for up to 1 week, without losing their crispiness.
Carry a small bag of apple chips always with you and enjoy a healthy and yummy snack every time you want, totally guilt-free!
Super Healthy Apple Chips
- 2 Apples Granny Smith or Pink Lady
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Slice the apples into very thin slices, about 1 - 2mm thick. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a pinch of sugar and lay flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 200F/100C for 1 h, then turn on the other side and bake for 1 more hour or until crispy and golden.
- Turn off the oven, allow the apple chips to rest inside the oven for half an hour, for crispier result.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and serve.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.