I’ve put together this Foodie Gift Guide to help you find some great gift ideas for foodies in your life ( including yourself!).
From the very precise chef to the adventurous foodie and the perfect host, there is something for everyone.
Don’t forget that the best gifts are the one you share with your loved ones, so there are also cooking experiences ideas and cool party gadgets waiting for you!
I’ve personally tested and loved some of the best kitchen gadgets around this year. If you’re foodie and you’re stuck for awesome Christmas gift ideas, you’re in the right place!
For a super organized food prep:
1. This Christmas baking set has all you need for making delicious gingerbread cookies! It comes with a precise electronic scale, cookie cutters and a handy mixing bowl. (Baking set £38, Brabantia)
2. Preparing your food cannot get any easier and organized with the beautiful JosephJoseph Index Advance chopping board set + knives. ( Index Advance £69, Sizzle)
3. The Heston Blumenthal Precision- Orb Electronic Scale is a super precise design-led scale, born from the collaboration between Salter and Chef Blumenthal. The Aquatronic liquid measure function allows for easy measuring in ml or fl.oz, so no matter if the recipe you’re making is french or American, with this scale you can say goodbye to measure converting apps – and we certainly did already-! (Heston Blumenthal Precision on sale £29 from £40,Amazon UK
For healthy cooking:
1. Philips VivaCollection Airfryer combines hot air with a grill component to ‘fry’ food the healthier way, saving you 80% of the fat compared to normal frying techniques. It’s perfect for cooking crispy but healthy roasted potatoes on Christmas day! (VivaCollection Airfryer, on sale from £200 to £88, Amazon UK
2. This All-in-one Soupmaker not only cooks healthy soups in 20 min, you can also steam veggies, cook eggs, make delicious smoothies and milkshakes! Check out what you can do in our review. (Soupmaker, on sale from £160 to £80, Amazon UK
3. Both the Crisp and Steam Microwaves from Whirlpool have a stylish design and will easily become your sous-chef in the kitchen. You can make healthy food with the Steam function microwave or crispy pies with the Crisp function version. We have the new vivacious green one and absolutely love it! (Steam function, Whirlpool ; Crisp function, Whirlpool, both £152)
For a surprising table:
1. R-Evolution’s Aromafork are literally revolutionary forks that add extra unusual flavors to your dish. The box comes with 4 forks and 21 aromas, all you have to do is pick one and have fun tasting the results. For example, we have cooked a sesame-crusted salmon cube and paired with the smoke aroma, and the result was brilliant. Most of the flavors we recognize when tasting a dish come from our noses, that’s why this foodie gadget is one of the smartest ways to explore weird and interesting combinations! ( Aroma R-evolution £45, Lakeland)
2. The entertaining Black+Bum Salad Plant is simply made to bring a smile on your face. The leaves are indeed the salad servers, and stay upright in their pot to make a quirky plant. The plus is that you can pot to mix your own salad dressing and serve! (Black+Bum Salad Plant £18, Amazon UK
3. The Casino dining Set is the perfect gift if you’re planning a Las Vegas themed dinner party. The cards become cheerful placemats and the coasters are designed to look just like real poker chips. This set adds a little bit of novelty to your table and will surely make a poker enthusiastic foodie happy! ( Casino dining set £13, Getting Personal)
For having fun in the kitchen:
1. Noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine is the book from the award-winning Copenhagen restaurant Noma. It was recognized as the best in the world by the San Pellegrino World’s 50 Best Restaurant awards in 2010.The book is a fantastic food adventure; indulge yourself into the beautiful pictures of the dishes, but the best bit is the recipes, a tremendous showcase of the most difficult cooking techniques known in the world and beyond. (Noma, on sale from £40 to £26,Amazon UK
2. The Polyscience Smoking gun is guaranteed to add a last-minute intense smoky flavor to your cooking creations. Choose between Hickory and Applewood smoking chips, and have fun playing little Chef Blumenthal with your dishes. (Polyscience Smoking Gun £60, Nisbets)
3. Add a touch of personality to your favourite kitchen tools, or engrave your favourite food quotes on an elegant slate cheeseboard. These custom-made accessories will make your gifts even more special. ( Slate Cheeseboard £20, Getting Personal; Wood Rolling Pin £13, Getting Personal)
For sharing with friends:
1. A wood chopping board is always a welcomed gift, especially when you love hosting dinners and parties at home. This is handmade in various shades and it’s perfect to serve cheese and canapes ( Wood cheeseboard £55, Dovetailors)
2. The best gifts are the ones you can enjoy with your loved ones, there’s no doubt. Treat yourself and a foodie friend to one of the many courses organized by the Seafood School of the famous Billingsgate fish market. We tried the Champagne Breakfast, after an interesting tour of the market and festive recipes inspiration lesson, we sampled some of the best seafood you can buy at Billingsgate’s website. (Gift vouchers from £35, Billingsgate Seafood School)
3. Fairly compact, the Coca Cola mini fridge is such a cool piece with a quirky retro design, it deserves a great spot in the living room (or in your bedroom). Fill it up with coke cans, rum and whisky for a boozy night with friends! (Coca Cola mini fridge £140, Husky)