Homemade Hot Apple Cider is one of the most heart-warming drinks you can indulge into during winter times and the festive holidays.
Go for the homemade version, it's easy and you can play with different spices to customize it to your own tastes. I simply love making hot apple cider, it fills the entire house with a wonderful spicy aroma, just like traditional Christmas markets!
The recipe is pretty easy, and the best way to keep yourself warm this fall. You only need few ingredients, I personally add star anise as well, it gives a nice liquorice-laced flavor to the drink. The basic version doesn't call for rum, but believe it's a great addition, so if you have it at home don't be afraid to pour some into your apple cider make it a little more boozy.
Serve it in a large bowl like a punch, it's a fantastic drink to serve at your Christmas and New Year's Eve parties!
Homemade Hot Apple Cider
- 16 cups pure apple juice or fresh apple cider
- 4 small cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 star anise
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour through a fine strainer or sieve into serving cups or a large bowl.
- Add a splash of rum if you like, or keep it on the side for your guests to add.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.