Sweetcorn Fritters with Yogurt dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
These awesome vegetarian Sweetcorn Fritters inspired by one of Chef Ramsay's most popular recipes, are perfect for a quick lunch/dinner or appetizer. This recipe takes only 15 mins to make, a bunch of ingredients and just one bowl!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Vegetable olive oil
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 red Thai chili seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- One 8-ounce can corn kernels drained and dried on paper towels
- For the Yogurt Dip-
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 red chili seeded and finely chopped, to taste
- Juice&zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the yogurt dip:
Mix together all the ingredients. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the fritters:
Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Make a well in the middle, and add the egg and milk.
Whisk, gradually bringing the flour into the wet mixture until it forms a smooth batter.
Add 1 tbsp of extravirgin olive oil and whisk until smooth, adding a little more milk if necessary.
Stir the scallions, chile, cilantro, and corn into the batter and mix well.
Heat a large frying pan and add a glug of vegetable oil.
Put about 1/4 cup off the mixture per fritter into the hot pan, pushing it down slightly. Fry in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm.
Serve the warm fritters with the yogurt dip alongside