Baked Cauliflower Fritters
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 300 gr /10oz cauliflower florets steamed
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- a bunch of fresh parsley and basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese optional
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- flour for dusting
- Olive oil for spraying or frying
Preheat oven to 200C/395F.
In a large bowl or food processor, mix together panko, fresh parsley/basil, minced garlic and Parmesan if using. Season with salt and pepper.
Fold in the tender cauliflower florets and egg white and mix all the ingredients until you have a dense mixture. Add in more panko if too wet, or an extra egg if too dry. Adjust seasoning.
Form small patties with your hands and lightly dust with flour.
Spray with olive oil on both sides and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake in the oven for 10 min of each side, or until crispy and golden-brown.
Serve the fritters piping hot, and enjoy plain, or with a squeeze of lemon on top and optional marinara sauce on the side.