Tequila Lime Chicken
Tequila Lime Chicken is packed with vibrant flavours, dairy-free, gluten-free and ready in just 30 minutes - A fun Mexican-style dish perfect for friday night and week-night meals alike!
- 2 skinless free-range organic chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil for grilling
For the marinade:
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup good-quality gold tequila
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 tsp light honey
- 1 tbsp hot or mild paprika powder
- 1 thai red chilli finely minced
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- a generous pinch of sea salt and cayenne pepper
Whisk all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the chicken breasts into the marinade, and stir well to combine.
Divide the chicken into two zip-log bags, and pour half the marinade on each breast. Close the bags and marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes but best for 2 hours.
Drizzle with oil a grill pan, and heat until medium-high heat.
Place the chicken breasts on the grill and spoon any remaining marinade from the bag over top. Grill, covered, for 4 minutes one one side. Turn the breast and cook a further 5 mins.
Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side, and top with fresh cilantro and a spoonful of pineapple salsa.