Thai Chicken Power Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This Thai Chicken salad will burst your energy up and keep you light and healthy at the same time!
- For the Thai chicken:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts cut into large chunks
- 2 fresh cilantro sprigs
- juice of lime
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 piece fresh ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Extravirgin olive oil for grilling
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- zest of half lemon to serve
- For the salad:
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cup arugula
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves or/and other mixed baby salad leaves
- 2 carrot finely sliced
- 2 cup radishes finely sliced
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 Thai red chili seeded and finely sliced ( optional)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Extravirgin olive oil to drizzle
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix all the marinate ingredients into a large ziplock bag.
Add the chicken chunks, gently mix altogether, close and refrigerate for at least 15 mins.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and gently pat a little dry with kitchen paper. Brush each piece with a little olive oil.
Heat a grilling pan over medium heat. When it's hot, add the chicken and cook on both sides for about 10 mins, or until it's no longer pink inside and cooked through. Season to taste and sprinkle with lemon zest.
In the meantime, mix all salad ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and serve alongside the chicken. Enjoy!