Kokosballs: Swedish Chocolate Balls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
These Swedish Chocolate balls (chokladbollar) are a super popular and traditional sweet treat, featured here in a delicious gluten-free and vegan version. The perfect bite-sized treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (120 g)
- 1/2 cup fine muscovado sugar (or confectioner sugar) (120 g)
- 3 tbsp dutch cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cold espresso coffee
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature (120 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or half vanilla bean pod)
- a pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened fine coconut flakes (60 g)
Fold all the ingredients in a powerful food processor and mix until combined.
The mixture should be easy to roll and not too sticky, you can adjust consistency with oats or coffee.
Shape the mixture to form bite-sized balls and arrange on a tray covered with parchment.
Roll each ball over coconut flakes, refrigerate for 10 min and serve.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To make sure your Swedish chocolate balls are gluten-free, use only non-contaminated, certified gluten-free oats.
This post was originally published in 2015 and updated with new info.