The Easiest Vegan Pad Thai
The Easiest Vegan Pad Thai EVER! Ready in less than 30 minutes, naturally gluten-free and easy to customize with your favorite veggies!
- 200 g flat rice noodles
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 60 g snow peas
- 100 g sprouting broccoli
- 4 baby corns roughly chopped
- 100 g red cabbage finely chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and julienned
- 50 g dry roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
For the sauce:
- 60 ml gluten-free soy sauce or tamari or fish sauce for non-vegan version
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste thinned with 2 tsp of water
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
Soak the noodles in lukewarm water for 6-7 min. Then drain and rinse under cool water and set aside in a colander.
In a small bowl, combine together soy sauce,tamarind, sugar, and red pepper flakes.
Heat a large wok over medium heat. Swirl a glug of olive oil in the pan,add in garlic and chilli and stir fry for a few seconds. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
Add into the pan sprouting broccoli, snow peas, baby corn, carrots and red cabbage and stir-fry for a 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the noodles and sauce and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Add in the garlic and chilli previously set aside and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then remove from the pan.
Squeeze the juice of a lime over the noodles, then sprinkle the spring onion, cilantro and roasted peanuts on top and serve.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
You can substitute tamarind paste with the juice of ½ lime.
You can substitute soy sauce with tamari sauce
Make sure you do not over cook the rice noodles, otherwise, they'll become very soggy.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1044mg | Potassium: 375mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 3632IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg