Prosciutto Wrapped Cod with Roasted Tomatoes
Make dinner time easy with this Prosciutto Wrapped Cod with Roasted Tomatoes - A one-tray easy italian-style meal, gluten-free, dairy-free and ready in just 20 min!
- 4 skinless cod fillets about 80gr/3oz each
- 4 Prosciutto Parma ham thin slices
- 250 gr vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ tsp freshly dried oregano leaves
- ⅓ tsp freslhy dried thyme leaves
- handful of fresh basil leaves to serve (optional)
- good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 180C/375F.
Season the fish with salt and pepper, then gently wrap tightly each cod fillet with a slice of prosciutto. Brush each fillet with a little olive oil then place on a baking tray.
In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes with 1 tbsp of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and gently mix until tomatoes are well coated.
Place the tomatoes on the tray, pouring over them any leftover dressing.
Bake in the oven in the middle shelf for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is opaque and cooked through (it should flake easily).
Remove the fish from the oven and set aside on a warm plate. Move the tray on the top shelf and continue to cook the tomatoes for a further 4-5 min.
Remove from the oven, arrange the fish back in the tray and sprinkle with few basil leaves (optional).
Serve to the table family-style directly from the tray.