Greek Salad Cucumber Boats
Crunchy, refreshing, nutritious and awesomely vegetarian and gluten-free, these Greek Salad Cucumber Boats make the perfect quick lunch or snack for summer days!
- 4 large cucumbers
- 150 gr cherry tomatoes roughly chopped
- 60 gr kalamata olives finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 100 gr feta cheese finely crumbled
- 1 tsp freshly dried oregano
- handful of basil or mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt or tzatziki sauce
Peel most of the skin from the cucumbers (optional).
Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise, then remove seeds using a small spoon. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix in chopped tomatoes, olives, onion, oregano, basil leaves and crumbled feta cheese. Season with a glug of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Spread a little Greek yogurt (or tzatziki sauce) over each cucumber boat, then spoon the Greek salad mixture into the boats and serve.