Frittata is very versatile, and a great way to enjoy fresh veggies from your farmer’s market. Have it for breakfast, lunch dinner and anytime in between, for a healthy, quick energy-packed meal.
We may be making our way into the cooler temperature of fall, but the markets are still full of the bright produce of the hot season. It’s a great time to have fun in the kitchen and mix summer and fall dishes to make a yummy summer-to-fall transition.
This easy and quick zucchini noodles frittata features fresh crunchy zucchini/courgettes cut in a fun spaghetti shape, complimented with the sweet flavor of tomatoes and rich buffalo mozzarella. If you miss summer already, that’s the dish you want to dig into.
Perfect for a quick meal, this frittata is SO tasty, you’ll want to have it for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. It can be enjoyed warm or cold, but between me and you, it’s actually even better the next day folded in two slices of homemade bread.
It takes literally 5 mins to put together this zucchini noodles frittata and it’s ready in less than 30 mins. Conveniently vegetarian and gluten-free, it can be easily customized with your favorite flavors or what you have in the fridge. Just make sure not to skip the zucchini, they’re the real star of this dish.
I love using my spiralizer and this frittata is just another excuse for having extra fun with it. I really enjoy the crunchy texture of zucchini noodles, and I find it gives a nice kick to this frittata, but if you don’t have this gadget (just yet) use a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife.
This simple zucchini noodle frittata couldn’t be easier to prepare, all you have to do is follow 4 simple steps:
Start by arranging the zucchini noodles on the base of a medium cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan.
Distribute chopped tomatoes and parsley on top.
Pour in beaten eggs and season generously with salt and pepper. Feel free to add any cheese you like. Buffalo mozzarella, parmesan and goat cheese are some of my favorite options. Skip the cheese altogether for a dairy-free version.
Bake until fully cooked and crispy & golden on top and around the edges. Be careful when removing the pan from the oven as it will be screaming hot.
Enjoy this zucchini noodles frittata nice and piping hot or at room temperature served as a side (or in a sandwich). Either way, it’s extremely tasty and satisfying!
If you try this recipe let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment here below and tell me your favorite ingredients to use. And don’t forget to snap a picture and tag it #thepetitecook on Instagram. I’d love to take a peek at your cooking creations!
- 2 small zucchini, spiralized
- 1 large beef tomato, seeded and cut into cubes
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ mozzarella ball cut into strips or cubed ( I use about 50gr buffalo mozzarella)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- sea salt and black pepper
- extravirgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Brush with olive oil a large cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan and arrange the zucchini noodle on a even layer.
- Distribute cubed tomatoes and parsley on top.
- Pour in beaten eggs, mozzarella and parmesan (optional). Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 min or until crispy & golden on top and around the edges.
- Serve hot or allow to cool and serve at medium temperature.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.