How To Make the BEST Hot Chocolate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
The BEST hot chocolate in the world - Learn how to make traditional Italian Hot Chocolate at home with just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes!
- 4 tsp white or demerara sugar (20 g)
- 4 tsp cornflour (20 g)
- 5 tsp high-quality organic cocoa powder (25 g)
- 500 ml fresh whole (or semi-skimmed) milk, warmed 17.5 fl oz
- 120 gr 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped (4oz)
- whipped cream, to serve (optional)
Whisk the cornflour, cocoa and sugar in a small pot.
Pour the warm milk into the pot.
Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, whisking often to avoid lumps.
Bring the hot chocolate mixture almost to a light boil, then reduce the heat to low and fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
Whisk the hot chocolate until creamy and dense, adding more sugar if you like it sweeter.
Divide the Italian hot chocolate among two cups, top with whipped cream and serve.
For best results, I recommend you drink it straight away, as it will become denser as it cools.