Beef Carpaccio with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 slices fresh raw beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shavings
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup baby salad leaves
- Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp Dijon grainy mustard
- 1 tsp lime juice
- a pinch of lime zest
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar very good quality
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp capers well rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives optional to decorate
Put all vinaigrette ingredients into a jar. Close with a lid and shake well until all combined. Taste and season accordingly.
Arrange a slice of beef on a plate, and brush with a little Dijon vinaigrette . Place some baby leaves on top, and roll the meat on itself. Repeat until you have 4 carpaccio rolls.
Decorate with chives, Parmesan shavings, freshly cracked black pepper and some extra vinaigrette.