Italian beef carpaccio recipe - A classic Italian dish super easy to make with basic ingredients and makes an elegant starter.
Italian beef carpaccio is one of those easy dishes you'll find in most Italian restaurants around the world.
The traditional recipe calls for just 5 ingredients, but make sure they are at very high quality:
- super fresh raw beef fillet very thinly sliced
- fresh arugula/rocket
- extra virgin olive oil
- a squeeze of lemon
- Parmesan shavings
HISTORY OF CARPACCIO
The name is due to Chef Cipriani ( Have you ever heard about the high-class Cipriani restaurants around the world?), as an homage to the great Italian painter Vittore Carpaccio.
The colors of this delicious dish remembered him of the ones used by the painter. The interesting story about the Carpaccio was such a nice discovery for me!
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY CARPACCIO RECIPE
I love the simplicity of this dish, and the true flavors it brings out, is definitely one of my favorite starters!
My version follows the traditional recipe, with a few small additions. I used a Dijon vinaigrette instead of just olive oil and lemon and decided to go for a roll shape instead of the classic carpaccio on a bed of arugula.
The reason is very easy, I think is just more handy to eat it this way, so that each bite has a little of everything and is full of flavors.
Hope you enjoy remaking that at home, it will be a huge success for a nice romantic dinner!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook!
Beef Carpaccio with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 slices raw beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan shavings
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup baby salad leaves or arugula
For the Dijon vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dijon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, very good quality
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt-preserved capers, well rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all vinaigrette ingredients into a jar. Close with a lid and shake well until all combined. Taste and season accordingly.
- Arrange a slice of beef on a plate, and brush with a little Dijon vinaigrette . Place some baby leaves on top, and roll the meat on itself. Repeat until you have 4 carpaccio rolls.
- Decorate with chives, Parmesan shavings, freshly cracked black pepper and some extra vinaigrette.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.