This grilled chicken with green bean potato salad is one of those perfect-for-every-season meals. Light, full-filling and gluten-free!
Ready in just 30 minutes, and with less than 10 ingredients required, this Grilled Chicken with Green Bean Potato Salad is also awesomely gluten-free and packed with flavor!
Juicy grilled chicken breast paired with a refreshing summer salad made with new potatoes and crispy green beans tossed in a vibrant mustard vinaigrette.
Summer meals really don't get easier than that!
It's one of those simple meals great to enjoy when you have had a busy day and really don't want to be around the kitchen more than necessary.
I always try to make the effort and prepare new creative recipes, so we don't get bored with the same meals over again.
This easy grilled chicken with potato salad really makes a lovely simple meal to enjoy summer days at their best.
It's perfect to feed a whole family or for a quick meal for yourself when you don't fancy cooking too much.
Plus, the green bean potato salad tastes incredible the next day, so it is an excellent option for a lunch box to bring along at work.
Moreover, this salad is super versatile. Pair it with grilled fish, a simple poached egg, or slow-cooked beef for a more wintery meal.
Light, full-filling, and ready in less than 30 mins, this Grilled Chicken with Green Bean Potato Salad makes lunchtime and/or dinnertime as easy as it could possibly be!
Did You Try This Recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook!
Grilled Chicken with Green Bean Potato Salad
For the Green Bean Potato Salad:
- 200 g new potatoes
- 100 g fresh green beans
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 3 spring onions
- 1 celery stick
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 50 ml of fresh sour cream, I use light sour cream
For the Grilled Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of water with a pinch of salt on to boil.
- Chop the new potatoes into halves, and add them into the pan of boiling water.
- Cook until just tender, about 10 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon and transfer into a large bowl.
- Trim the tops from the green beans and then cut them in half. Add into the same pot where you cooked the potatoes and cook for about 4 min, until just tender but still crisp. Drain the beans in a colander and put them in a bowl of cold water to stop them going soft. Then, transfer into the bowl with the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix the wholegrain mustard with the vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Finely slice the spring onions. Finely chop the celery and parsley and fold them all into the bowl with the potatoes and green beans.
- Pour in the prepared vinaigrette, sour cream and mix all the ingredients together. Allow to rest to bring out all the flavour, in the meantime prepare the chicken.
- For the chicken, you can leave the breasts whole (but it will take more time to cook), or slice into them from the side so you can open it up like a book. Place the chicken between two sheets of clingfilm. Roll all over the chicken with a rolling pin until it is 1cm thick.
- Brush the prepared chicken breasts with a glug of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- Cook on a hot grilling pan for 4 mins on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and serve alongside your prepared green bean potato salad.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.