No-Tuna Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This vegan chickpea salad sandwich is a great lunchbox option! It's packed with plant-based protein and comes together in just ten minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 nori sheet finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely cubed
- 1 small red onion finely cubed
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- Sea salt and freshly-crackedfreshly cracked black pepper
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 Handful of baby greens or sprouts
Place the chickpeas in a large bowl, and mash them through with a potato masher or a fork.
Add in the chopped nori, celery, onion, capers, Dijon mustard and vegan mayonnaise, and mix all ingredients until combined.
Taste the salad and adjust seasoning by adding a generous pinch (or to taste) of sea salt and freshly-crackedfreshly cracked black pepper.
Arrange the lettuce leaves, tomato slices and baby greens on top of four 4 bread slices. Divide the chickpea salad on top of the veggies and top them with the remaining slices of bread.
Store leftover chickpea salad in an airtight container, and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 796IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 2mg