3-Ingredient Parmesan Cookies
These crunchy Italian parmesan cookies require minimum baking skills and 3 basic ingredients - Perfect to wow a crowd at your next party!
- 100 g cold unsalted butter cut into small chunks
- 100 g organic all-purpose flour
- 100 g Parmesan cheese finely grated
- fresh rosemary & thyme leaves, finely minced (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- 1 small egg, beaten (or 1/8 cup of warm water) (optional)
In a stand mixer over medium-low speed, mix together the butter, flour and Parmesan, until finely crumbly.
Add optional fresh chopped herbs and black pepper to taste, and knead until you form a dough.
Divide the dough in two, and roll each part into an uniform log, about 3 cm / 1¼ inches in diameter.
Wrap the 2 cylinders into cling film, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C ( 350°F), meanwhile cut each log into 1cm thick rounds.
Arrange the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
Brush the surface of each cookie with a bit of warm water or a beaten egg, and sprinkle over a little finely grated Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden on top.
Remove the cookies from the oven, they will still be quite soft. Allow to cool completely on a baking rack, and once dry they will have a crunchy texture.
Store leftovers in an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
*100gr is roughly 1/2 US cup, so you can simply use 1/2 cup of each ingredient (but best double up, these cookies disappear quickly!)
* Slice the log into rounds, then use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies in your favorite shape before baking.
* You can also knead the dough into a ball, flatten a little bit, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Then roll the dough into a 1 cm disk and cut the cookies using a cookie cutter.
*Cookies can be made and stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week or lined on a baking tray and frozen individually.
*Unbaked dough can also be wrapped airtight and then frozen, then defrost for 10 minutes at room temperature, then sliced with a sharp knife.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 328IU | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1mg