These Parmesan Cheese Biscuits are so easy to make, they’re sure to become your new favourite happy hour snack!
This savoury alternative gives a twist to the classic English shortbread recipe.
Parmesan cookies are amazingly rich in flavour, and you can easily get them ready in less than 1 hour.
Plus, you can freeze half of the dough and have it always at hand, whether unexpected guests come along or you get caught by midnight cravings.
Get creative and customize your own Parmesan Biscuits recipe with different herbs & spices. Add a pinch of fresh chopped rosemary sprig, get things a little spicy with red chili pepper flakes or be adventurous with Asian spices. Every time you’ll taste a new exciting flavour in your biscuits!
- 100g/3½ oz cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 100g/3½ oz plain flour, plus extra for flouring
- 100g/3½ oz grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 beaten egg
- Salt&Pepper to taste
- Rosemary sprig, to decorate
- Mix the butter, flour and parmesan together. Season with salt&pepper and knead until you form a dough.
- Divide the dough in two, and roll each part into an uniform cylinder, about 3cm / 1¼ inches in diameter.
- Wrap the 2 cylinders into cling film, and refrigerate for 30 mins. You can also freeze them and use another time.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C ( 350°F), meanwhile cut each cylinder into 1cm thick rounds.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Brush the surface of each biscuit with the egg and sprinkle over a little finely grated parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until they are a gorgeous golden-brown colour.
- Allow to cool (if you can) and serve.