These super crunchy Parmesan Cookies only require minimum baking skills and 3 basic ingredients – Perfect for snacking and/or to wow a crowd at your next cocktail party!
This recipe was originally published October 2014, and updated with new photos and video. No change to recipe.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy savoury snack, look no further – These Parmesan cookies are totally addicting.
They don’t last longer than half an hour when my family is around. And I’m confident that once you try them, you and your family will love these as much as we do.
These crunchy, fragrant Parmesan cookies give a savoury twist to the to the classic English shortbread recipe, and are incredibly easy to make. So easy in fact, that I usually make them at least once a week!
They’re ready in less than 1 hour, and require just 1 bowl and only 3 basic ingredients: all purpose flour, cold butter and of course Parmesan cheese.
For best results, I suggest to opt for the best-quality Parmigiano Reggiano cheese you can put your hands on.
What I love most about these Parmesan cookies is that they’re super easy to customize.
Add a pinch of chili pepper flakes for a spicy kick, or add your favourite chopped fresh herbs for an extra aromatic note: rosemary, sage, thyme would all work well.
I’ve used a mix of rosemary and thyme in my batch, and the cookies not only smelled amazing, they were utterly delicious!
I can’t stress enough how incredibly easy these Parmesan cookies are to make.
All you have to do is quickly mix all the ingredients together in a stand mixer, then give it a quick knead until your form a log.
Let it rest half on hour in the fridge, then slice into round cookies and bake them until crunchy and beautifully golden.
These 3-Ingredient Parmesan cookies are crunchy, loaded with umami flavour, and totally addicting.
Trust me on this, and double up the ingredients amount so you can make a BIG batch.
They also freeze beautifully, just make an extra dough, double-wrap it in cling film and store it in the freezer up to 1 month. Then simply slice and bake when there’s time. How convenient!
These 3-Ingredient Parmesan Cookies are the perfect savoury bite to snack on by yourself, or serve at get-togethers, picnics and parties. I promise they’ll disappear in seconds.
If you’re looking for more super easy snacks and treats to bite in, check out these baked sweet potato fritters
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
- 100g (3½ oz) cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 100g (3½ oz) plain flour, plus extra for flouring
- 100g (3½ oz) grated Parmesan cheese.(I use Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh rosemary & thyme leaves, finey chopped (optional)
- In a stand mixer over medium-low speed, mix together butter, flour and parmesan, until finely crumbly.
- Add optional fresh chopped herbs, season with salt & pepper to taste, and knead until you form a dough.
- Divide the dough in two, and roll each part into an uniform log, about 3cm / 1¼ inches in diameter.
- Wrap the 2 cylinders into cling film, and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C ( 350°F), meanwhile cut each log into 1cm thick rounds.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Brush the surface of each biscuit with the egg and sprinkle over a little finely grated parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are crunchy and golden on top.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack, and serve.
- Store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 1 week.
*Cookies can be made and stored in an airtight container for up to 1 weeks or lined on a baking tray and frozen individually.
*Unbaked dough can also be wrapped airtight and then frozen, then defrost for 10 minutes at room temperature and slice with a sharp knife.