Ready on the table in less than 20 minutes and made with super simple ingredients, these awesome Sweetcorn Fritters will easily become a family favourite!
If there’s a fritters recipe that I keep making again and again, it’s Gordon Ramsay’s Sweetcorn Fritters with Yogurt dip!
These sweetcorn fritters take only 15 mins to make, a bunch of ingredients and .Plus, you won’t mess around the kitchen as you only need a bowl and a frying pan!
Whisk flour with baking powder and seasoning, add eggs and milk, then fold in all the veggies and stir everything together.
I mean, what’s better than 1-bowl recipes? They’re simply perfect for busy people with little time.
This Sweetcorn Fritters with Yogurt dip recipe was adapted from Gordon Ramsay ‘Ultimate Cookery Course’ TV show.
I have slightly changed the ingredients, adding some lime zest and Greek yogurt, to make it even more flavourful and healthy.
You can also easily turn this recipe into a diary-free and gluten-free one, just substitute milk, yogurt and flour with your favorite free-from alternatives. I did it and the result was just as tasteful as the original!
And while these sweetcorn fritters are delicious on its own, I like to serve mine with a flavour-packed yogurt dip, which takes less than 2 minutes to make!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup whole milk
- Vegetable olive oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red Thai chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- One 8-ounce can corn kernels, drained and dried on paper towels
- For the Yogurt Dip-
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ½ red chili, seeded and finely chopped, to taste
- Juice&zest of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the yogurt dip:
- Mix together all the ingredients. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the fritters:
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the middle, and add the egg and milk.
- Whisk, gradually bringing the flour into the wet mixture until it forms a smooth batter.
- Add 1 tbsp of extravirgin olive oil and whisk until smooth, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- Stir the scallions, chile, cilantro, and corn into the batter and mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a glug of vegetable oil.
- Put about ¼ cup off the mixture per fritter into the hot pan, pushing it down slightly. Fry in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm.
- Serve the warm fritters with the yogurt dip alongside