Ready on the table in less than 20 minutes and made with super simple ingredients, these awesome Sweetcorn Fritters will easily become a family favourite!
If there’s a fritters recipe that I keep making again and again, it’s Gordon Ramsay’s Sweetcorn Fritters with Yogurt dip!
These sweetcorn fritters take only 15 mins to make, a bunch of ingredients and .Plus, you won’t mess around the kitchen as you only need a bowl and a frying pan!
Whisk flour with baking powder and seasoning, add eggs and milk, then fold in all the veggies and stir everything together.
I mean, what’s better than 1-bowl recipes? They’re simply perfect for busy people with very little time on their hands.
This Sweetcorn Fritters with Yogurt dip recipe was adapted from Gordon Ramsay ‘Ultimate Cookery Course’ TV show.
I have slightly changed the ingredients, adding some lime zest and Greek yogurt, to make it even more flavourful.
You can also easily turn this recipe into a diary-free and gluten-free one, just substitute milk, yogurt and flour with your favorite free-from alternatives. I did it and the result was just as tasteful as the original!
And while these sweetcorn fritters are delicious on its own, I like to serve mine with a flavour-packed yogurt dip, which takes less than 2 minutes to make!
Sweetcorn Fritters with Yogurt dip
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Vegetable olive oil
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 red Thai chili seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- One 8-ounce can corn kernels drained and dried on paper towels
- For the Yogurt Dip-
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 red chili seeded and finely chopped, to taste
- Juice&zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the yogurt dip:
- Mix together all the ingredients. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the fritters:
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the middle, and add the egg and milk.
- Whisk, gradually bringing the flour into the wet mixture until it forms a smooth batter.
- Add 1 tbsp of extravirgin olive oil and whisk until smooth, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- Stir the scallions, chile, cilantro, and corn into the batter and mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a glug of vegetable oil.
- Put about 1/4 cup off the mixture per fritter into the hot pan, pushing it down slightly. Fry in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm.
- Serve the warm fritters with the yogurt dip alongside