This Mushroom and Spinach Spaghetti recipe has the most amazing and easy creamy sauce – Conveniently vegetarian and packed with nutrients, it comes together in just 15 min!
Summer is officially over, and I’m ready to welcome fall with plenty of heartwarming cozy meals. September is one of my favorite months of the year, not too hot and not too cold, just perfect mildly-chilled days.
More importantly, September is also Organic month, 30 days celebrating and raising awareness around the importance of buying and eating organic produce. I couldn’t find a better way to celebrate than with this glorious Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Spaghetti, one of my favorite fall dishes and so easy to prepare. My family loves it, and once you give it a try, I’m sure you’ll love it too.
I’m a big supporter of eating organic, and I try to incorporate as many seasonal and natural ingredients possible in my weekly food shopping. You’ve seen me recommending organic ingredients over and over again during the years, and that’s because there are plenty of good reasons to go organic.
WHY CHOOSE ORGANIC?
1. Natural good food
Organic produce is grown naturally, without the use of pesticides, artificial chemicals or fertilisers. And because there are no nasty additives, the food bursts with flavor. The produce tastes as good as it should, and it’s packed with vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients.
2. Good farming
Organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow more naturally, guaranteeing a truly free-range life. Organic farmers are always striving to be as sustainable as possible with regard to animal welfare, the environment and the soil. Antibiotics are severely restricted in organic farming and can only be used when an animal is sick. They cannot be given as a preventative measure.
3. Better for the planet
Agriculture play a significant role in the climate changing. Intensive agriculture causes soil erosion and chemical run-off into water systems, causing a major negative impact on our world. Organic farming instead, reduces water and soil contamination and it helps creating a more resistant, healthy living soil. This means it makes a huge positive difference on the effects of climate change.
I’m super excited to reveal I’ve been collaborating with both Organic UK Food and Tesco to help you make the most of organic month. The main mission of this initiative is to encourage you all to go organic as often as possible, and that is easier than you’d think.
We’ve put together a box full of all the organic ingredients you need (and of course the recipe) to make my Creamy Organic Mushroom and Spinach Spaghetti! The box will be delivered as a thank you gift to random customers shopping online at Tesco, with any delivery within UK ( and there’s no minimum spend!). So fingers crossed, you’ll be one of the lucky ones to receive it – Make sure you share the good news with me and your friends, by tagging your pictures on any social media with #OrganicUnboxed, #LoveTesco and #ThePetiteCook.
This quick and delicious Creamy Spaghetti with Spinach and Mushroom comes together in just 15 minutes. It requires minimum cooking skills, and all you need is 8 simple fresh organic ingredients: spaghetti, red onion, garlic, mushroom, spinach leaves, mature cheddar and crème fraîche.
For an enriched version packed with protein and omega 3, you can switch mushrooms with smoked salmon. Simply add it at the very end together with crème fraîche.
Both versions are unbelievably tasty, rich and so heart-warming. Best of all they’re ready in a snap, making them perfect for a quick week-night meal.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Spaghetti
- 1-2 tsbp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion finely minced
- 1 garlic clove lightly crushed
- 120 gr organic spinach leaves
- 150 gr organic white mushrooms halved
- 350 gr organic spaghetti
- 100 gr half-fat crème fraîche I use Yeo Valley
- 2 tbsp organic medium cheese finely grated
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 8 mins or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil, followed by the finely chopped onion, mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, then add the spinach leaves and cover with a lid. Stir occasionally until the spinach are tender, and season with salt and pepper. Discard the garlic and remove the pan from the heat.
- Drain well the spaghetti, reserving a ladleful of the pasta water.
- Transfer the spaghetti into the pan with the other ingredients. Stir in the crème fraîche, the cheese and the reserved cooking water if necessary.
- Heat through for a minute, mixing well all the ingredients. Season to taste with black pepper and serve immediately.
This post is sponsored by Organic UK Food. I truly believe in their mission and as usual all the opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the organizations that support The Petite Cook!
If you want to find out more about Organic produce in the UK, make sure you check out Organic UK Food, which gives you all the info and reasons you need on how and why to go Organic.