This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite italian pasta dishes, tagliatelle alla boscaiola (literally woodman’s tagliatelle). Traditionally made with wild mushrooms or porcini, italian sausage and fresh double cream, this classic has different variations, some including tomatoes, others avoiding fresh cream.
These light mushroom tagliatelle skip out the meat altogether and make the most out of meaty succulent (and easier to find than porcini) fresh shiitake mushrooms, for a vegetarian alternative every meat-lover will fall for!
Making this delicious italian classic recipe is totally fuss-free and ready in only 15 mins. Best of all, it requires only 5 simple, wholesome ingredients: fresh tagliatelle pasta, shiitake mushrooms, garlic, chopped parsley and a bit of lemon zest. I’ve also added some fresh light crème fraîche this time. It’s totally optional but it gives a wonderful creamy result and complements well the citrusy aroma coming from the lemon zest.
Fresh tagliatelle are widely available nowadays in most supermarkets, but if you ask me, making your own pasta is a total game-changer and impressively easier than you think. SO my advice, if you have more time, is to make some fresh homemade tagliatelle and enjoy this recipe during the weekend.
These italian-style Shiitake Mushroom Tagliatelle really have all it takes to become you next favorite pasta dish – Quick, easy to make, awesomely vegetarian and ready in just 15 mins!
I hope you guys give this italian classic a try! If you’re looking for more italian recipes, I’ve got plenty over here!
If you recreate one of my recipes, please let me know how you liked them by leaving a comment :). Or even better, take a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it on Instagram! Looking at your yummy creations always makes my day!
- 250 gr fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 250 gr/ 2cups fresh shiitake mushooms, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and lightly crushed
- a bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- zest of ½ lemon
- 120gr /1/2 cup light creme fraiche (optional)
- extravirgin olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a large sautee pan with a glug of olive oil and the garlic.
- Add in chopped mushrooms and cook for 10 mins, stirring often and reducing the heat half-way through. Add a splash of water if it gets dry and season to taste.
- Cook tagliatelle for about 2-3 mins, then draina nd transfer in the pan with the mushrooms.
- Sautee for a min of high heat, mixing all the ingredients together.
- Remove from the heat, stir in lemon zest and chopped parsley and optional creme fraiche.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper and serve immediately.