When it comes to desserts, cheesecake is definitely my favorite choice. Light, refreshing and super versatile, cheesecakes are fantastic paired with indulgent ingredients like chocolate, as well as with healthy fruits.
Recently, I'm loving this blueberry ricotta cheesecake with almond crumble I've made for Great British Chefs.
To make this yummy and super quick cheesecake ( can you believe it takes only 15 mins to make it?) I've used Italian ricotta, one of the lightest and healthiest cheeses on earth, which also happens to be absolutely delicious.
The crumble is totally gluten-free, made simply by mixing almond flour and agave nectar, I love how it adds a lovely crunchiness to the cheesecake.
I've been making this blueberry ricotta cheesecake over and over again, so I can guarantee you'll love it too!
Are you a cheesecake lover like me? Then have a look at more mouthwatering cheesecake recipes!
Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake with Almond Crumble
- 100 g of butter melted
- 250 g of almond flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 500 g of ricotta well-drained
- 5 tbsp of sugar
- 1 orange zested
- 1 lime zested
- 1/2 vanilla pod seeds scraped
- 450 g of blueberries
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 orange zested
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4
- For the crumble, mix together the melted butter, almond flour and sugar. Tip the mixture into a cake tin or baking tray lined with parchment and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool and break into crumbs.
- For the ricotta filling, place the ricotta in a large bowl and mix with a hand blender until smooth and creamy. Add in the orange and lime zest, sugar and vanilla seeds, and mix through until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Now make the blueberry compote. In a small saucepan, cook half of the berries, a little sugar, water and orange juice for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the blueberries and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently. Allow to cool before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!