Make these Cheesy Parmesan Beer Muffins for a great grab-and-go snack or make-ahead lunchbox option - Super fluffy, packed with flavors and no butter or eggs required!
I like to prepare these irresistible beer muffins during the weekend, so that I have a quick snack on hand for the week ahead.
*This post is sponsored by Menabrea. All opinions are my own.*
They’re bold in flavour, savoury, and extra cheesy.
From all the savoury muffins I tried, these are probably my favourites. It must be the umami-rich Italian Parmigiano Reggiano (aka parmesan cheese). And of course, the beer.
I've used the Ambrata from Menabrea, the most ancient brewery in Italy.
The Ambrata is a well-balanced craft beer with a nice depth, marked floral fruitiness and a slightly bitter undertone.
You can really taste its delicious flavour in the muffins. It also works well for meat marinades and of course, on its own served super chilled.
I have made the muffins with extra virgin olive oil. But they work well with the same amount of melted butter, so use whichever you prefer.
You could also add a handful of chopped fresh herbs (such as thyme or rosemary) to the mixture if you feel like it. And if you don't like Parmesan cheese (seriously?!), try mature cheddar or your favourite hard cheese.
How to Make Beer Muffins
These awesome cheesy parmesan beer muffins only require one bowl and take 5 minutes to throw together.
Ready in just 20 mins, they're a total breeze to prepare!
Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then add freshly chopped spring onions.
Now fold in the extra-virgin olive oil, followed by the beer. Give it a good mix and divide the mixture in the prepared muffin tin. Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes.
Before you know there will be a big batch of fully flavoured beer muffins on your table, all ready in less than half an hour!
If you’re looking for an easy treat to freeze and put into lunch boxes during the week, these muffins freeze beautifully.
They also make a handy choice for a quick vegetarian (but you'll need to swap the cheese for a parmesan-style vegetarian hard cheese) lunch or a snack to take on with you on a day out.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Cheesy Parmesan Beer Muffins
- 225 gr all purpose flour
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 100 gr parmesan cheese, grated plus additional cheese cubed for topping
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 oz beer
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and cheese. Fold in chopped spring onions and olive oil. Then pour in the beer and stir until just combined.
- Pour the prepared batter into muffin tin, filling about 3/4 of the tin. Add extra cubed cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the muffins have raised and a toothpick insert in the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately or slightly chilled. Freeze them individually for later use, for up to three months.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.