Crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy within, a good coconut macaroon is impossible to resist. Plus, these easy Coconut Macaroons only take 20 min to make!
One of my favorite bakery sweet treats, coconut macaroons are incredibly easy to recreate at home. Hard to believe, but you only need 4 simple ingredients: shredded dried coconut, free-rang egg whites, vanilla/almond extract and sugar.
I’m a total sucker for coconut, and anything edible you can do with it. So, I’ve been hunting for the perfect macaroon recipe for a while now, and I’m so glad to have finally come up with just the right one. Not too soft, not too sweet, these easy coconut macaroons have just the perfect balance.
After baking hundreds of macaroons, I’m quite sure this is THE ONE and ONLY recipe you need to make these coconut treats at home. It’s completely fool-proof, conveniently gluten-free and dairy-free, requires only one bowl and you only need few staple ingredients you probably have in your pantry already. I mean, it doesn’t get better than this!
They’re great on their own, but even better with chocolate! I drizzled some dark chocolate over the top, but you can also use white chocolate. You can also dip the bottoms instead. Just do as you like most!
There are countless ways that you can twist up this easy coconut macaroons recipe to meet your own taste. Add more coconut for lighter macaroons, or add extra crunchiness by folding in the batter some chopped nuts or dried fruit ( or even chocolate chips!). Plus, you can bake them in advance, making Easter or Passover party planning a total breeze. Just pop them back in the oven for a couple of minutes and drizzle over some melted chocolate before serving.
Your guests will absolutely fall for these easy coconut macaroons, they go down so easily you’ll wonder how your big batch of macaroons disappeared in 5 mins!
I hope you guys will give these pretty & easy coconut macaroons a try! Don’t forget to leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it! Even better, snap a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it on Instagram – I can’t wait to see all your delicious creations :).
- 4 cups /240 gr sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 free-range egg whites
- ½ cup granulated sugar ( white or demerara)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup/ 100gr dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites with sugar, almond extract and a pinch of salt. Gently incorporate coconut and give a good mix.
- With the help of a ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out the mixture and place on the lined baking tray.
- Bake macaroons for about 15-20 mins, until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking tray before enjoying.
- If you like, drizzle with optional melted chocolate and allow to set before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.