Happy Mother’s Day! Let’s celebrate all the mums around the world with a delicious Strawberry Tiramisu’!
The original Tiramisu’ (which means literally “Cheer me up” ) was invented in the 1960’s. Can you believe the most famous Italian dessert in US has been around for 50 years only?
While a great debate is still going on about Tiramisu’ exact origin, Le Biccherie, a restaurant in Treviso, Italy, is widely recognized as the birthplace.
There are many legends around this dessert, one of those is that the owner’s daughter-in-law of Le Biccherie created the Tiramisu’ to give herself energy after having just given birth to her son. Since today is Mother’s day, there is no better dessert you can make to a mum!
Light in texture and not overly filling, this Strawberry Tiramisu’ is one of the best alternative to the classic Italian dessert.
Strawberries and white chocolate are an all-time-favorite combo, we all know that. The addition of Amaretto liqueur and Mascarpone cheese just make things even better and utterly delicious!
You can substitute Amaretto liqueur with an orange liqueur, or skip the addition of spirits altogether for a kids friendly non-alcoholic dessert.
If you are not a Tiramisu’ fan ( is that even possible? ), check more dessert recipes that will make any mum of the world happy!
This year Mother’s day will definitely have a sweet note with piece of this delicious dessert!
- 2 packages ladyfingers/savoiardi
- 8.8 oz 250gr Mascarpone cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup 240 ml whipping cream
- 3.5 oz 100gr melted white chocolate
- 1 cup fresh Orange juice
- 1 tbsp Amaretto liqueur optional
- 1.2 lb 500gr fresh strawberries, cut into small chunks
- 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 3 tbsp finely crumbled pistachios
- Place the strawberries in a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp of sugar, orange juice and amaretto liqueur.
- Refrigerate for 1 h. When ready, drain the strawberries and transfer the juice in a bowl.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pot of slightly simmering water. Beat the egg yolks with 3 tbsp of sugar, until pale. Remove from the pot and allow to cool.
- Incorporate mascarpone and white chocolate into the eggs mixture.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Gently add the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of mascarpone cream on the bottom of a square serving dish.
- Dip the ladyfingers into the strawberry juice for a few second each.
- Arrange a layer of dipped ladyfingers onto the mascarpone one.
- Spread 1/2 of the remanining mascarpone cream on top of the ladyfingers.
- Top with 1/2 of the chopped strawberries.
- Place another layer of dipped ladyfingers and pour in the remaining mascarpone cream.
- Top with the remaining strawberries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and pistachios before serving. Enjoy!