This Summer Italian Pasta Salad makes a quick healthy lunch option and is perfect for a picnic, bbq or a light meal for the upcoming warm days!
Easy, fresh, colorful, this pasta salad will become soon one of your favorite Spring /Summer /Autumn recipe.
You only need a bunch of fresh simple ingredients and a pack of good quality pasta you can please grown-ups and kids in less than 15 mins.
This Summer Italian Pasta Salad is not only healthy, but so, so, so tasty that kids would not even notice the green veggies. I love adding tuna chunks to make out of this salad a well-balanced meal, but if you want to make a vegeterian version just skip it altogether.
Easter is just around the corner, and this pasta salad will be a fantastic crowd-pleaser at parties and picnics organized for the weekend!
Summer Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 package, 500gr Farfalle pasta
- 7 oz 200gr organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200 g or 2 cans, better if bottled high quality tuna chunks/steak, well drained
- 1 can sweetcorn, drained
- handful of chopped fresh herbs, basil, thyme, mint
- 2 mozzarella, well drained and chopped
- a bunch of fresh arugula
- Extravirgin Olive Oil, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- When water is boiling, add pasta and cook until "al dente" ( 2 mins earlier than what the package instruction say).
- Meanwhile, add all ingredients into a large serving bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste and a splash of Extravirgin olive oil.
- Drain pasta and allow to cool slightly ( you can add a little olive oil so that pasta doesn't become sticky).
- Add the pasta into the bowl, mix very well and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.