My general policies regarding content and image use from thepetitecook.com depend on context, as follows:
Images may be licensed for commercial use only prior agreement.Email me (hello [at] thepetitecook.com) with the details of your project for a quote. Examples of commercial use include: use on company web pages, general advertising, product labels, books, merchandise, magazines, most apps, and educational products.
License fees vary depending on the use, but generally fall between £100 and £1200 per image.
Registered non-profit organizations may be able to license my work at discounted rates, or free of charge, depending on the context of use. Contact me for an estimate; prior permission is required.
I do not allow my work to be used in projects involving uploads to sites that apply a blanket Creative Commons license. This means my photographs cannot be used on Wikipedia, Wikispaces, and other similar sites.
Online/ Print Journal Articles
Use of my photographs and content in any online or printed outlet is considered commercial use and requires a paid licensing agreement.
I do not allow my images to be used in press releases without a full rights-transfer. Transfers can be purchased for a limited selection of published and unpublished photographs, starting at £400/image.
Social Media - Commercial
Use of my photographs in social media (facebook, blogs, twitter, instagram, pinterest etc.) by commercial entities is the same as "Commercial Use" (above) and requires a licensing agreement.
Social Media - Personal
People acting in a personal capacity are welcome to share my photographs on blogs, web pages, and social media accounts, provided that all images are credited by a link back to www.thepetitecook.com. Failure to attribute an image properly will result in an immediate takedown notice to the web host. In any circumstances it is not allowed to re-use any of the content published on thepetitecook.com.
Prior permission is required to copy all or parts of my photographs in derivative artworks. Some adaptations I may consider to be Fair Use, others will require a formal licensing agreement. The only way to be sure is to ask by contacting me.
Copyright Infringement Policy
Unfortunately, I contend with many copyright infringements every year. I have implemented the following policy in an attempt to maintain control over my work.
Unauthorized uses of my images and text are subject to DMCA takedown requests without advance notice.
Unauthorized copyright infringements of my images and content will be handled by an international contracted copyright enforcement organization, such infringements will be invoiced at several times my usual fees to cover the additional costs of handling infringement cases. Infringement invoices are non-negotiable, and non-payment of infringement invoices will result in legal action to recover statutory damage.
All of the images and content on www.thepetitecook.com, unless otherwise stated, are full copyright property of Andrea Soranidis, The Petite Cook.
Giveaways and Competitions
Unless otherwise stated within the blog post, all The Petite Cook competitions and giveaways operate under the following terms and conditions:
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland or otherwise stated on the giveaway, aged 18 years or over, except for those associated with the production company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date. Should the date within the post not be the same as the date in the Rafflecopter widget due to editorial error; the date on the Rafflecopter widget takes precedence
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to availability.
- Winners will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to The Petite Cook as a result thereof.
- The Petite Cook is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Promoter.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway.
- If there is an error in the Rafflecopter widget, or one that occurs within third party applications during the course of the competition; this will be rectified as soon as possible. However, these errors are out of control of the competition host and therefore not their responsibility. The giveaway remains valid even if not all entry methods are available due to these software or third party application errors /error messages throughout the competition
- Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen.
- Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified, so don’t cheat!
- Delivery of prizes may take up to 28 days unless otherwise stated within the specific details; please allow this time before querying the dispatch of an item.
- For competitions/giveaways with more than one prize, you will be informed which one you have been chosen for, and there will be no alternatives
- Giveaways with first prizes and runners up prizes; first prize will be randomly drawn first, and any runners up prizes will be drawn sequentially thereafter.
- For giveaways where there is a creative element, e.g. photos, etc then there is only one entry per person or email depending on entry methods.
- No purchase is necessary, and it will never be.
- Your privacy is important to us, we will not share (other than with the giveaway sponsor) or sell your email address or mailing address.
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and any other social media, or third parties apart from the sponsor, are in no way associated with this giveaway.
- Taxes due, if any, on prize winnings, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.