Pair together two mouth-watering words and the recipe for the ultimate dessert is served: Tiramisù Cupcakes!
These moist, irresistible cupcakes are made with one of the best combinations ever, chocolate & coffee.
These two ingredients paired together make the world-famous Italian dessert Tiramisù. Unfortunately, our lives can turn out to be pretty busy and Tiramisù involves a little effort, so why give up to such a delicacy when you can be a little creative and save loads of time?
This Tiramisù Cupcakes recipe is amazingly easy to make, and it doesn’t take more than 30 mins.
Five are the secrets for making the best Tiramisù Cupcakes around, take a note and you won’t regret it:
– Choose a high-quality mascarpone cheese (just like a true Italian would do).
– Look for organic unsweetened cocoa powder, it will truly make the difference.
– Use a medium roast ground coffee to make the espresso. Keep instant coffee as far away as possible from these gorgeous cupcakes.
– A cupcakes maker. This kitchen accessory will change your life. It makes perfect, moist cupcakes in 7 mins, and you don’t have t worry about heating the oven or burning the cakes. It’s completely mess-free and easy to clean, you can’t help but love it.
– Decorate with fine quality dark chocolate shavings (min 75%). The chocolate will add a balanced sweet&bitter crunchy texture to your Tiramisù cupcakes, reaching the ultimate-dessert level.
- ½ cup (113 grams) soft butter
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cold espresso mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1¾ cup (210 grams) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (20 grams) unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- cocoa powder and dark chocolate shavings to decorate
- For the cupcakes:
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F. Line two cupcake baking trays with 18 paper liners. (if using a cupcake maker, just line with cupcake cases and heat until ready).
- In a mixing bowl whisk the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cold coffee mix to the creamed butter.
- Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter into the prepared cupcake tins ( if using a cupcake maker you'll have o make 2 batches) and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes in the tin for 5 minutes before placing them on wire racks to cool completely.
- While they cool, prepare the frosting.
- For the Tiramisù frosting:
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form (be careful not to overbeat the cream).
- In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until completely incorporated.
- Transfer the tiramisù frosting into a piping bag and top each cupcake.
- Decorate with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!