These moist, irresistible Tiramisu' cupcakes are made with one of the best ingredients combination ever, chocolate & coffee.
This Tiramisù Cupcakes recipe is amazingly easy to make, and it doesn't take more than 30 mins.
Five are the secrets for making the best Tiramisù Cupcakes around, take a note and you won't regret it:
- Choose a high-quality mascarpone cheese (just like a true Italian would do).
- Look for organic unsweetened cocoa powder, it will truly make the difference.
- Use a medium roast ground coffee to make the espresso. Keep instant coffee as far away as possible from these gorgeous cupcakes.
- A cupcakes maker. This kitchen accessory will change your life. It makes perfect, moist cupcakes in 7 mins, and you don't have t worry about heating the oven or burning the cakes. It's completely mess-free and easy to clean, you can't help but love it.
- Decorate with fine quality dark chocolate shavings (min 75%). The chocolate will add a balanced sweet&bitter crunchy texture to your Tiramisù cupcakes, reaching the ultimate-dessert level.
More Italian Desserts To Try:
- Water Cake: A Dairy-free, Egg-free, Magic Cake
- Caprese Cake (Gluten-free Chocolate Cake)
- Classic Tiramisu Without Eggs – Authentic Italian Recipe
The Ultimate Tiramisu Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 115 g 113 grams soft butter
- 200 g 200 grams granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon cold espresso mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 210 g all purpose flour
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting:
- 150 g heavy cream
- 220 g mascarpone cheese
- 100 g confectioners' sugar, sifted
- cocoa powder and dark chocolate shavings to decorate
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line two cupcake baking trays with 18 paper liners. (if using a cupcake maker, just line with cupcake cases and heat until ready).
- In a mixing bowl whisk the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cold coffee mix to the creamed butter, and mix all the ingredients until just combined
- Divide the batter into the prepared cupcake tins ( if using a cupcake maker you'll have o make 2 batches) and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes in the tin for 5 minutes before placing them on wire racks to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form (be careful not to overbeat the cream).
- In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until completely incorporated.
- Transfer the tiramisù frosting into a piping bag and top each cupcake.
- Decorate with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.