Soft and rich, this magic 2-Ingredient Nutella cake is the easiest and most delicious chocolate cake you can possibly make, and it also happens to be gluten-free!
Whether you are a chocolate spread lover or just an occasional fan, this 2-ingredient Nutella cake is an absolute must-try.
This cake comes together in less than 30 minutes, and it's totally fool-proof.
It also happens to be gluten-free (depending on the chocolate spread you use).
The best part of this magic chocolate cake is that it doesn't call a ton of ingredients.
In fact, this recipe requires only 2 super simple ingredients:
- free-range medium eggs
- Nutella® (or homemade chocolate hazelnut spread)
If you're in a rush, a small jar of Nutella® is all you need (you won't need to use it all), together with 5 eggs.
However, if you have just a little more time, try my homemade chocolate hazelnut spread when making this cake.
It's gooey, rich, tastes incredible and comes together in a blink!
This super easy cake is perfect for amateur bakers, so if you're just venturing into the baking world, this easy treat should definitely hit your baking wish list.
The recipe couldn't be simpler and involves just a few simple steps.
Add a pinch of magic and the job is done!
- Start by placing the eggs in a mixer.
- Whisk the eggs on medium-high speed until pale and airy, for about 5-6 minutes.
- After 5-6 minutes, they should be tripled in volume.
- At this point, if you like, you can sprinkle the egg mixture with 2 tablespoons of Dutch cocoa powder, for an extra chocolatey and a slightly bitter note.
- In the meantime, pour your chocolate hazelnut spread in a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave for 30 seconds, just to warm it up a little bit.
- Incorporate ⅓ of the whisked eggs into the bowl with the chocolate spread, and gently mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Fold in another ⅓ of the whisked eggs, and gently mix until well combined.
- Fold in the remaining ⅓ of the whisked eggs, and again, gently mix until combined.
- Then all you have to do is pour the cake mixture into a 6-inch cake pan.
Make sure you cover the bottom and the sides of the pan with parchment paper, so that your cake won't stick to the cake tin.
- Bake the cake for about 20-25 minutes at 175°C/340°F.
I like it slightly gooey in the center, so I usually bake my cake for 22 minutes, then leave it to cool above the stove covered with a kitchen cloth.
If you like it a little more firm and cakey, just bake it for a further 5 mins.
Allow the cake to rest until it is completely cool, then sprinkle with confectioner sugar if you like (this is totally optional), and serve yourself a big slice of this gooey, delicious cake.
Soft and rich, this magic 2-Ingredient Nutella cake is what chocolate dreams are made of. I really hope you give it a try!
This cake is extremely simple, but there are a couple of crucial steps that you need to follow to avoid ending up with a major cake fail.
Please don’t skip these tips:
- It’s absolutely necessary that the eggs triple in volume or this recipe will not work. Make sure you complete this step correctly to avoid a massive cake fail.
- Not beating your eggs well will result in a chocolate cake that tastes more like an omelette and not much like chocolate cake, and you don’t want that!
- Fold the spread into the egg mixture VERY gently, so that your eggs don’t lose all their volume.
- To fold the spread into the mixture I use a silicone spatula.
- Make sure the cake is fully baked before getting it out from the oven.
- Enter a toothpick into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, your cake is ready ( unless you like it gooey, in this case take the pan out after 22 minutes baking time).
- Allow the cake to fully cool before removing it from the tin. The cooling time allows it to fully set, so don’t skip it!
More cake recipes you need to try:
2-Ingredient Nutella Cake
- 5 free-range medium eggs
- 250 gr homemade chocolate hazelnut spread or Nutella®
- 2 tbsp Dutch unsweetened cocoa powder optional
- spray oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F/160 gas.
- Add eggs into a stand mixer and whisk on medium-high speed for about 5-6 mins, until eggs are pale and airy and have tripled in volume. Make sure your eggs are really triple in volume, or the recipe won’t work. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cocoa powder on top if you like, and set the egg mixture aside.
- In the meantime, pour the chocolate hazelnut spread in a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Incorporate ⅓ of the whisked eggs into the bowl with the chocolate hazelnut spread, and very gently mix the batter with a spatula until well combined.
- Fold in another ⅓ of the eggs, then gently mix until combined. Repeat with remaining ⅓ of the eggs, and again, mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Grease a 6-inch cake pan and cover the bottom and the sides with parchment paper. Pour the cake mixture into the pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.