You’re just 2 ingredients away from making the easiest, most delicious nutella cake in the world.
Whether you’re nutella addicted or just an occasional fan, this 2-ingredient nutella cake is an absolute must-try. It comes together in less than 30 mins and it’s totally fool-proof. The best part is, this recipe requires only 2 simple ingredients: free-range eggs and nutella.
I like to use my homemade nutella when making this cake. But if you’re in a rush feel free to substitute with the same amount of your favorite chocolate spread.
This simple cake involves just two simple steps and a stand mixer. Add a pinch of magic and the job is done!
Start by whisking the eggs on medium-high speed until pale and airy, and tripled in volume.
In the meantime, fold the nutella in a large heatproof bowl and microwave for 30 sec, just to warm it up a bit. Incorporate 1/3 whisked eggs into the nutella bowl and gently mix until well combined. Fold in another 1/3 of eggs, then repeat with remaining 1/3 eggs.
Then all you have to do is pour the cake mixture into a 17cm cake pan and bake for about 20-25 mins at 175C. I like it slightly gooey in the center, so I usually bake it for 22 mins, then leave it to cool above the stove covered with a kitchen cloth. If you like it a little more firm and cakey, just bake it for a further 5 mins.
Soft and rich, this magic 2-Ingredient Nutella cake is what nutella dreams are made of. The best and quickest way to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
- 5 free-range medium-large eggs
- 250gr storebought or homemade nutella
- 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder ( optional)
- spray oil, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F/160 gas.
- Add eggs into a stand mixer and whisk on medium-high speed for about 5-6 mins, until eggs are pale and airy and have tripled in volume.
- In the meantime, fold the nutella in a large heatproof bowl and microwave for 30 sec.
- Incorporate ⅓ whisked eggs into the nutella bowl and gently mix until well combined.
- Fold in another ⅓ of eggs, then repeat with remaining ⅓ eggs.
- Grease a 17cm cake pan and fold it with baking paper. Pour the cake mixture in and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
I hope you give this magic nutella cake a try! If you do, please leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it! Or even better, take a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it on Instagram! I can’t wait to see your foodie creations!