A double-layer of nutritious berry goodness that instantly cheers you up – This Frozen Double Berry Smoothie is the perfect drink to complement spring and summer breakfasts.
Anyone else feeling tired of this endless fall weather? Rumor has it Spring has arrived in most of the world already, but it just quite doesn’t seem to be in London.
So, while I patiently wait to experience some warm nice weather, I’ll enjoy sipping on this gorgeous Spring smoothie. Just looking at this pretty colorful double layer of berries instantly lifts you up and easily shakes off the cloudy weather mood.
I used lots of freshly frozen raspberries and blackberries as a base. In addition I also added some creamed coconut to make the smoothie thicker and creamier. If you don’t have frozen fruits you can replace with fresh berries and a handful ice cubes instead.
And if you like smoothies just as much as I do, check out more delicious and nutritious smoothie recipes.
I hope you will give this delicious healthy smoothie a try! Don’t forget to leave a comment below or on my Facebook page, and let me know how you liked it! Even better, snap a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it on Instagram! I can’t wait to see all your delicious creations :).
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp creamed coconut
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tsp honey, optional ( I use Manuka honey)
- mint leaves, to serve
- Add into a powerful blender the frozen raspberries,honey, half the water and creamed coconut.
- Blend until frothy and smooth and pour into two glasses.
- Rinse the blend and fold in the frozen blackberries and remaining water and creamed coconut. Mix until smooth and pour over raspberry smoothie.
- Serve immediately with fresh mint leaves on top.