Quick vegan and gluten-free Winter Quinoa salad, loaded with seasonal flavour- An easy, healthy side dish that you’ll want to make over and over again!
I’m a big salad eater, and even when the colder weather hits, I can’t resist a big bowl of yummy salad. This Winter Quinoa Salad is crunchy, sweet, loaded with flavor and most importantly super nutritious. Just my kind of healthy wintery dish.
This healthy salad is ready in just 15 min and requires only 5 ingredients to make: quinoa, brussels sprouts, pomegranate, pecan nuts and spring onion. For extra awesome flavour, I serve this salad with a delicious orange & maple syrup dressing, made simply by mixing extra-virgin olive oil, fresh orange juice, a bit of pure maple syrup and salt&pepper. I’ve been completely obsessed with this dressing lately, it’s so good I’ve put it on anything from salads, grilled veggies and even on grilled chicken. SO tasty!This Winter Quinoa Salad has ton of nutritious value thanks to both the quinoa (super high in protein), and brussels sprouts, which are a great source of protein, iron and potassium.
It’s great on its own as a simple, vegan and gluten-free meal, but it would also make a lovely side dish with all sorts of roasted/grilled protein. Chicken, fish, meat or simple poached eggs would all work wonderfully paired with this simple seasonal salad.
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s so easy to make but you can get quite a few meals out of it! I usually whip up a big batch and keep it in my fridge for a quick meal fix during a busy week. It would also make a nice healthy side dish to serve over the Christmas and New Year’s Eve dinner parties.This Winter Quinoa Salad so simple and comes together so easily – it’s practically fool-proof!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
- 2 cups / 370gr cooked quinoa
- 9oz / 250gr fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 cup / 140gr pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup / 60gr pecan nuts, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- With the help of a mandoline, finely shred the brussel sprouts. You may also place them in a food processor and pulse until roughly sliced.
- In a large bowl, comine together cooked quinoa, shredded brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds, pecan nuts and spring onions.
- To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil,orange juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss together until evenly coated, and serve.