Bright up your day with a nourishing Carrot Berry Smoothie – The perfect vitamin-packed smoothie to have for breakfast on a busy day!
Carrots and berries are two of my favorite superfoods and I use them as much as I can when it comes to smoothies. I’m a huge fan of this sweet&tart flavor combo, plus they’re both packed with tons of vitamin c and antioxidants.
If you have checked out my smoothies before, you know already that carrots make a regular appearance. Famous for being the best source of antioxidant nutrient beta-carotene, as well as having an excellent amount of vitamin a, this superfood helps support good eye-health, and can protect from cancer disease.
Last but not least, carrots are not only super healthy but also naturally very sweet, so you don’t need to add extra sugar to your smoothies.
This vitamin-loaded carrot berry smoothie is super easy to make, requiring only 4 fresh healthy ingredients: carrots, orange juice, frozen berries and greek yogurt. If you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add an optional tablespoon of honey.
I love the deep-bright colors of this smoothie, and to preserve them I usually blend the ingredients in two batches. You can also just blend all the ingredients together, it’s totally up to you.
Start by putting carrots and orange juice in a Vitamix ( or an equally powerful blender), and blend until creamy and smooth. Set the smoothie aside until ready to serve.
Add frozen berries and organic greek yogurt into your blender and mix until smooth. Then pour the two smoothies into a high glass, garnish with fresh mint for extra freshness and enjoy!
This Carrot Berry Smoothie is an amazing breakfast treat. It’s sweet, delicious and SO refreshing, you’ll be really looking forward to drink it!
I hope you give this delicious smoothie a try! If you do, please leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it! Or even better, take a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it on Instagram! Looking at your yummy creations always makes my day :)!
Carrot Berry Smoothie
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>1 cup/ 250ml fresh organic orange juice</span>
- 1 cup frozen red berries
- 1/2 cup/ 120gr organic greek yogurt or dairy-free alternative
- 1 tbsp honey optional
- fresh mint to garnish
- Put carrots and orange juice in a powerful blender, and blend until creamy and smooth. Set the smoothie aside until ready to serve.
- Add frozen berries and organic greek yogurt into your blender and mix until smooth.
- Then pour the two smoothies into a high glass, garnish with fresh mint for extra freshness and enjoy!