The easiest homemade Irish cream recipe you'll ever try. Skip the grocery store and make Irish cream liqueur at home in just 5 minutes!
This homemade Irish cream recipe is a fantastic alternative to the store-bought counterpart.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make, and requires very simple ingredients you almost surely have in your pantry already.
This Homemade Irish cream liqueur will warm your heart up during the cold season, but it's just as good for summer paired with iced coffee.
I also like a drop or two in my espresso. So delicious!
All you need to make this popular homemade liqueur is just 6 simple ingredients.
- Irish whiskey
- heavy cream
- condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- agave syrup
- cocoa powder
- Instant coffee
Once you have all the ingredients at hand, the process is pretty straightforward.
Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend for about 30 seconds. That's really it, so easy!
WHAT TO MIX WITH IRISH CREAM
You can definitely enjoy it on its own, but it can be easily mixed with other beverages to bring them to the next level.
However, make sure to avoid citrus or anything with a lot of citric acid, which makes it curdle, so no juice or fizzy drinks.
Here are a few suggestions to make the most of it:
- Coffee: the easiest pairing, they taste absolutely delicious together.
- Hot Chocolate: add a little Irish cream to your rich, creamy Italian hot chocolate for the most delicious winter drink.
- Tiramisu': replace the amaretto with the Irish liqueur for the most amazing Tiramisu'.
CAN YOU FREEZE IRISH CREAM?
I don't recommend it. Freezing this liqueur will form ice crystals, and the texture will change after thawing.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram tag @thepetitecook!
Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
MORE CLASSIC DRINK RECIPES TO TRY
Homemade Irish Cream - Just like Baileys!
- 1-⅓ cups Jameson Irish whiskey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 1 scraped vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Shake well before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Recipe published in November 2014 and updated with more info, new images, and improved recipe!
Can I cheat and have one now? Or do you think Santa will mind? Because this looks mighty-mighty fine!
Ahaha be my guest! Christmas season starts just after Halloween right? Cause I've already started drinking it 😀 Oops!