Skip the ice cream maker and try this quick and easy chocolate ice cream. Only 5 ingredients required and just 10 minutes prep!
But since giving it a first try many years ago, I have been completely hooked on this No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream.
This is probably the simplest method of all and uses just double cream and condensed milk.
Just two ingredients — that's it!
For this easy chocolate ice cream I opted for a combo of dark chocolate and cocoa powder and added chocolate chips in the end for extra texture.
I prepared my own condensed milk, but you can totally use store-bought condensed milk. If you have never made homemade condensed milk, believe me, it's SO worth a try.
Making it from scratch is a bit more time consuming but definitely rewarding, plus you know exactly what goes in.
Back to this amazing No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream, did I already say that is WAY TOO EASY to make?
All it takes is a mixer to whip up the cream (but you can also do it by hand), then simply fold in condensed milk, cocoa powder, chocolate and vanilla extract. That's the hardest part, really.
Transfer the mixture to a freeze-friendly container (I like to use a loaf pan), freeze and just wait until the ice cream is ready.
No cooking, No mixing and no churning involved. Just awesome, creamy, rich and smooth ice cream, ready to enjoy all summer long.
This 5-ingredient naturally gluten-free No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream is easy, quick, completely fuss-free and 100% summer approved!
More Chocolate Recipes You'll love:
No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- 500 ml fresh double cream (for whipping)
- 400 m condensed milk
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 150 gr high-quality dark chocolate I use a mix of 72% and 53% organic dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 gr chocolate chips
- In a large mixer, whip your double cream over high speed for about 10 minutes until stiff peaks start to form.
- In another bowl, combine condensed milk, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and melted chocolate.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into your sweetened condensed milk, add chocolate chips and delicately mix everything together.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan and cover tightly with cling film.
- Place in freezer for 6 hours or overnight, then allow to rest outside the freezer for 10 min before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.