This Christmas Homemade Granola recipe is loaded up with the delicious flavours of the holiday season. Naturally vegan and gluten-free, it would also make a pretty homemade Christmas gift for someone you love.
I regularly make a batch of granola on a weekly basis, so I thought it would be fun to share a more festive version to enjoy during the upcoming holidays.
**This post is sponsored by Brabantia. All opinions are my own as usual**
I prefer to make my own granola whenever I can, as I can easily control the taste (I like less sugary granola than most commercial ones sold in stores) and customize it with my favourite ingredients.
Easy-To-Make Vegan Gluten-free Granola
This crunchy and delicious granola doesn’t require more than 10 min to put together, and it involves very simple ingredients such as:
- jumbo oats (make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if needed)
- dried cranberries
- pure maple syrup
- coconut oil
- a pinch of orange essence (but vanilla extract would work just fine)
This Christmas granola is so easy and quick to make that the most laborious task is weighing up the ingredients.
I often pre-weight all the dry ingredients and pop them into a jar, so that the whole granola-process doesn’t take me more than 5 mins.My new favourite jars are these smart Brabantia measuring jars, which are designed to help you cook just the right amount and reduce food waste.
As well as being great for storing all kind of dry ingredients, they make portion control of the most common everyday grains (such as pasta, rice, cous cous, etc.) a total breeze.
I’ve also used these jars to store my freshly-made granola and give it out as a pretty homemade Christmas gift to my neighbours. They totally loved it!
Now, back to this awesome granola for a moment.
Depending on your taste, you can easily customize the texture of this granola.
If you like crunchy clusters, make sure to wait until the granola has cooled before breaking it up.
If you’re more into a flaky texture like me, break the granola apart while it’s still warm.
This Christmas Homemade Granola recipe yields a good-size batch, so you can make it on the weekend and enjoy all week long.
You can also pop some into jars for a fabulous Christmas gift for someone who appreciates homemade gifts.
As wonderful as a simple bowl of granola with milk or yogurt can be, granola is a versatile ingredient than can work in all kinds of recipes.
Few other favorite ways to make the most of homemade granola
– This Granola Nectarine Yogurt Parfait takes just 5 min to prepare and makes a nutritious breakfast on the go.
– These easy Berry and Mascarpone Granola Tarts are so cute, and would make such a pretty dessert.
– Make Granola Chocolate Balls! These are so good, and only 3 ingredients. Granola, milk and chocolate!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Christmas Homemade Granola
- 400 g rolled oats / jumbo oats I use certified gluten-free oats
- 100 g peeled pistachio
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 100 g dried soft cranberries
- 1/2 tsp orange essence or pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 140ºC/120ºC fan oven.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, pistachio and salt.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Spread the granola mixture on a large non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes, gently stirring the mixture with a spatula every 15 mins or so. Do not over stir, as this prevents the granola clusters from forming.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the dried cranberries. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes, until granola is golden and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Break into clusters and enjoy for breakfast or as a snack during the day.