This Christmas Homemade Granola recipe is loaded up with the delicious flavours of the holiday season. Naturally vegan and gluten-free and super easy to make!
I regularly make a batch of granola on a weekly basis, so I thought it would be fun to share a more festive version to enjoy during the upcoming holidays.
I prefer to make my own granola whenever I can, as I can easily control the taste (I like less sugary granola than most commercial ones sold in stores) and customize it with my favourite ingredients.
This crunchy, healthy Christmas Homemade Granola is totally vegan, gluten-free and so much better than store-bought.
Vegan Gluten-free Granola
This crunchy and delicious granola doesn't require more than 10 min to put together, and it involves very simple ingredients such as:
- jumbo oats (make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if needed)
- dried cranberries
- pure maple syrup
- coconut oil
- a pinch of orange essence (but vanilla extract would work just fine)
This homemade granola is so easy and quick to make that the most laborious task is weighing up the ingredients.
I often pre-weight all the dry ingredients and pop them into a jar, so that the whole granola-process doesn't take me more than 5 mins.
Customize Your Granola
Depending on your taste, you can easily customize the texture of this granola.
If you like crunchy clusters, make sure to wait until the granola has cooled before breaking it up.
If you're more into a flaky texture like me, break the granola apart while it's still warm.
This Christmas Homemade Granola recipe yields a good-size batch, so you can make it on the weekend and enjoy all week long.
You can also pop some into jars for a fabulous Christmas gift for someone who appreciates homemade gifts.
Few other favorite ways to use it
As wonderful as a simple bowl of granola with milk or yogurt can be, granola is a versatile ingredient that can work in all kinds of recipes.
- This Granola Nectarine Yogurt Parfait takes just 5 min to prepare and makes a nutritious breakfast on the go.
- These easy Berry and Mascarpone Granola Tarts are so cute, and would make such a pretty dessert.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Christmas Homemade Granola
- 400 g rolled oats / jumbo oats, I use certified gluten-free oats
- 100 g peeled pistachio
- 6 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 100 g dried soft cranberries
- ½ teaspoon orange essence, or pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 140ºC/120ºC fan oven.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, pistachio and salt.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Spread the granola mixture on a large non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes, gently stirring the mixture with a spatula every 15 mins or so. Do not over stir, as this prevents the granola clusters from forming.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the dried cranberries. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes, until granola is golden and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Break into clusters and enjoy for breakfast or as a snack during the day.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Sean Mahan says
Simple and healthy. That's a good combination. Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas!
Dee Samaan says
Mmm YUM!!! this is perfect!
Lisa Bryan says
I totally agree that homemade granola is better than store-bought. And love these flavors for the season!
I love the pistachio-cranberry combo, not to mention the idea of giving this out as a gift in those sweet little measuring jars! What a perfect little holiday gift!
Saima Zaidi says
A really good granola recipe! I agree, making granola at home lets you control the sugar content, a very important consideration. I never eat store-bought granola for this reason and prefer to make my own. And this one's so easy anyway!
Veggie Inspired says
Pistachios and cranberries are such a good combo!! Homemade granola is the best - perfect for breakfast, snacks, even dessert. Those jars are super cool - definitely checking them out!