These easy Berry and Mascarpone Granola Tarts make a quick and satisfying dessert – Ready in just 30 min, it’s a perfect weekend treat.
I love to serve these for brunch during the weekend (especially if it’s Valentine’s day weekend!). It’s one of those easy desserts you don’t feel guilty about. Packed with healthy homemade granola and fruit, the delectable mascarpone cream gives the indulgence side that we all look for to satisfy our dessert cravings.
These simple Berry and Mascarpone Granola Tarts require very little effort to make and are ready in less than 30 mins. The best part? You only need very simple ingredients: homemade granola, mascarpone cheese, orange, blueberries and freeze-dried or fresh strawberries.
For a faster option, you may cheat and use store-bought granola. But I like to make my own homemade granola whenever I can. It’s completely fool-proof, and you can easily customize it with the ingredients you love. Mixed dried fruits, crunchy nuts such as almond, hazelnuts or pistachio, and chocolate chips are just a few of my favorite toppings.
I’m always looking for different ways to enjoy that sweetened mascarpone cream, because is simply delicious. But if you’re looking for a lighter option, swap mascarpone cheese with healthier thick creamy greek yogurt – they’re just as awesome!
You can definitely customize these granola tarts with whatever fruits you have on hand. Peaches, mango, or any other berries would work wonderfully. You can also top them with toasted nuts such as hazelnuts or pistachios, and while you’re there, why not adding some shaved dark chocolate? I mean, you can literally go crazy with the toppings here.
That’s what I really love about these tarts, you can make new exciting flavour combinations any time you want. If you’re celebrating Valentine’s day this weekend, these Berry and Mascarpone Granola Tarts will make a fantastic breakfast or brunch treat to share with your family and loved ones.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
- 150gr jumbo oats
- 70gr almond flakes
- 50 gr peeled chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried strawberry
- 4 tbsp coconut oil,melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- a pinch of sea salt
- 200gr / 6oz fresh mascarpone cheese
- zest of ½ organic orange
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 100gr / 3.5oz fresh blueberry
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried strawberry
- handful fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 175C / 3560F and keep the oven rack adjusted to the middle position.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, almonds, hazelnuts, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt together until well combined.
- With the help of your hands, press evenly about 3 full tbsp of the mixture into 4 sprayed with oil 5-inch sized mini tart tins.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 min, or until golden and crisp. Once ready, remove from the oven, and press the center of each tart with the back of a spoon to help reshape them (they may puff a bit in the oven).
- In the meantime, prepare the mascarpone cream. In a large bowl, gently beat together the cheese and sugar until reaching a smooth and creamy consistency. Fold in orange zest and mix just until combined. Store in the fridge until needed.
- Allow the tarts to cool completely before removing from their tins. Once cooled, use a sharp knife to carefully take them out. The crust is very delicate so be gentle during the process.
- Fill each tart evenly with 2-3 tbsp of mascarpone cream. Top each tart with fresh blueberry, sprinkle with freeze-dried strawberry crumble and decorate with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.