No milk, no butter, no eggs needed, only 3 simple cupboard ingredients. These flourless 3-Ingredient Nutella Brownies are absolutely magic!
I find cooking and baking so therapeutic these days, especially since we're once again stuck at home most of our time.
I'm trying to avoid trips to the supermarket as much as possible, so I'm using most of my basic pantry items (such as flour, milk, butter, and eggs) for my cooking rather than baking.
This means I've been making uncomplicated and super easy desserts lately, using the least ingredients possible. And these fudgy brownies definitely fits the bill!
These flourless brownies are rich, fudgy, chocolatey and just mouth-watering. Best of all they come together in about 30 minutes with simple easy-to-follow steps.
No milk, no butter, no eggs necessary (just like my magic water cake!). These gooey and rich chocolate treats are super easy to make even if you're just a novice baker.
They also happen to be gluten-free too (depending on the chocolate spread you use).
Just 3 ingredients
A simple chocolate dessert that comes together with just 3 ingredients? Believe it or not, it's totally possible, and I promise the result is absolutely delicious.
In fact, this recipe requires only 3 simple ingredients:
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Nutella® (or homemade chocolate hazelnut spread)
If you're in a rush, a jar of Nutella® or another shop-bought chocolate spread works perfectly fine (you won't need to use it all).
However, if you have a little more time, give my homemade chocolate hazelnut spread a try - It's gooey, rich, tastes incredible, and comes together in a blink!
Add other ingredients
Customize these little guys with your favourite ingredients, here are some of my favourite options:
Nuts: toasted almond flakes or roasted walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans work really great here.
Chocolate: dark, white, or white chocolate chips to add even more chocolate flavour.
Fruit: freeze-dried blueberries, strawberries, or chopped banana chips would make a fantastic addition. Simply add them right after your batter is ready.
3-Ingredient Nutella Brownies Step-by-Step Recipe
This brownie recipe is absolutely fool-proof and comes together in just 1 bowl and few simple steps, so it's perfect for novice bakers or to make with the kids.
Here are the step-by-step recipe pictures, to make these chocolate treats even easier to prepare.
*Please keep scrolling down for the full printable recipe and ingredients quantities, it’s at the end of the post.*
Step 1. Place the bananas in a large bowl and mash them thoroughly with a fork until creamy. You can also use a blender or a stick blender to make things easier.
Step 2. Add the warmed chocolate spread, followed by the cocoa powder.
Step 3. Mix all ingredients with a spatula until combined.
Step 4. Spray with baking oil an 8-inch square cake pan, pour in the batter, and level the top using a spatula.
Step 5. Bake in the oven (without the fan option) for about 25-27 minutes, then check with a toothpick inserted in the center of the batter if it's done.
If the toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are ready and you can safely remove the pan from the oven.
Step 6. Allow cooling completely removing from the pan, then cut into 9 squares.
These easy flourless brownies are fudgy and rich and let me tell you, they taste even better the next day.
Store them in the fridge for a few hours before serving them and you'll be amazed by their super fudgy texture.
- Always pre-heat the oven.
- Don not use the oven fan setting, simply use the conventional oven setting.
- Bake the brownies in the center of the oven.
- To check if it's done, open the oven door only until towards the end of the baking time.
- Allow to fully cool before removing them from the tin. The cooling time allows them to fully set, so don’t skip it!
This easy vegan cake would keep well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
They're quite delicate to handle, so store in an airtight container instead of wrapping them in cling film.
More Easy Stay-At-Home Recipes:
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment and/or a rating below, and share a picture and tag @thepetitecook on Instagram! Reading your feedback and looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
3-Ingredient Nutella Brownies (Flourless)
- 3 bananas (medium ripe)
- 225 g hazelnut chocolate spread (Nutella or homemade) warmed
- 90 g unsweetend Dutch cocoa powder
- a pinch of Fleur de Sel (optional)
- Preheat the oven the 180°C/350°F, without the fan option, and arrange a baking tray onto the middle shelf.
- Transfer the bananas in a large bowl and mash them with a fork until reaching a creamy texture. You can also use a blender or a stick blender.
- Pour slightly warmed chocolate spread into the bowl, followed by the cocoa powder.
- Mix all the ingredients with a spatula until fully combined.
- Spray with baking oil an 8-inch square cake pan, pour in the batter, and level the top using a spatula. At this point you cna sprinkle some fleur de sel (sea salt flakes) on top if you like.
- Bake in the oven (without the fan option) for about 35-40 minutes, then check if the surface looks cooked through, then open the oven and check with a toothpick inserted in the center of the batter if it's done.
- If the toothpick comes out almost clean, the brownies are ready and you can safely remove the pan from the oven.
- Allow cooling completely removing from the pan, then cut into 9 squares and serve. For best texture, refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Please note that all ovens work differently, so check your brownies after 20 minutes (without opening the door oven), if the surface looks cooked through, then you can safely open the door and check with a toothpick for doneness.
- If you want to use the oven fan option, your brownies should be done after 17-20 minutes, always check if the surface looks done and cooked through (not liquidy), then check them with a toothpick for doneness.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.