All you need to celebrate a special occasion is of course a cake, and what's better than this fantastic Mango Cheesecake with Brownie crust?
This Mango Cheesecake recipe has all the key essentials a proper cake needs:
- It's light, so you can have seconds without feeling too guilty!
- It has chocolate, because it's okay to indulge into heart-warming chocolate from time to time.
- It's packed with fruits, which don't only taste delicious but guarantee 1 of your 5-a-day.
A classic cheesecake has a digestive biscuits base, my version includes a delicious brownie crust that adds a lot more excitement and gets the attention of all the chocolate lovers out there. If you don't fancy mango, swap it with persimmon, and I can easily guarantee you will love it too.
It can be confusing to choose the right cheese for you cake; I know it sounds a little heretic, but try to avoid store-bought cheese spreads, and keep it as natural as possible. I use ricotta cheese, low in fat and versatile, this italian cheese is a great alternative for delicious and healthier desserts. In Sicily, it's the key ingredient for making the world famous cannoli, - did I convince you now?
You can either make 6 mini cheesecakes in a muffin tin or use a spring-form cake pan and make one larger cheesecake if you prefer.
This mini Mango cheesecake with brownie crust is a delightful dessert for any party, plus it's extremely cute!
Mango Cheesecake with Brownie crust
- ½ cup /115g salted butter
- 8 ounces /228g coarsely chopped quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup /200g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon /80g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz/ 240gr ricotta cheese, well drained
- ⅔ cup / 75gr granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 mangos, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime
- Seasonal fruits to decorate
For the brownie crust:
- In a microwavable bowl, put chocolate chunks and butter and microwave for 3 mins over med power, stirring every 30 secs. Allow to cool.
- Fold into the bowl sugar and eggs, one at a time, whisking well until smooth. Add vanilla and cocoa, then fold in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9x9 baking pan covered with aluminium foil. Bake in a preheated oven to 350F/180C for 35 mins, you will see the brownies pulling away from the edges of the pan. Set aside to cool, then gently remove the top layer with a knife, and cut 6 small circles ( the same size of your ramekins). Set aside until needed.
For the Ricotta filling:
- In a large bowl whisk energetically together the ricotta with sugar and zest of orange & lemon.
- Cover 6 small muffin tins with plastic wrap and arrange a disk of brownie crust on each, gently pressing down to the bottom.
- Evenly divide the ricotta filling into the tins, leaving 1cm space on top.
- Put into the freezer while you make the mango puree.
For the mango puree:
- Blend mango cubes with sugar and lime juice, adding 1 tablespoon water if the mixture is too thick.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Cover each cheesecake with the mango puree and refrigerate until set, about 2h or overnight.
- Gently remove from the muffin tin and decorate with fresh fruits and chocolate. Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Mine turned out really soggy. So I put it in the freezer overnight and it turned out great! I'm definetely making this again.
I'm glad to hear you were able to save the crust and it turned out great 🙂 Hope you get to try more recipes!
Jolena @TheRubyKitchen says
These are so beautiful. I love the bold move of putting mango and chocolate together!
The Petite Cook says
Thanks Jolena :). To be honest, I'd put mango everywhere, I love the sweetness and I reckon it pairs so well with dark chocolate! Next in my recipe wishlist it's a glutenfree and dairy free chocolate cake with sliced mango on top *_*
Stunning and the flavor combination sounds outrageously delicious! ♡