Ready in 15 mins only, these quick Thai chicken tacos are super light and easy to prepare – the perfect guilt-free way to satisfy tacos cravings!
Packed with fresh tangy flavors, crunchy veggies and tasty, juicy shredded chicken, these are probably the healthiest tacos you will ever have.
What’s better, you don’t need to cook anything. All you have to do is pop the chicken in your steamer for about 10 mins, just enough time to warm up your tortillas, chop up you veggies and combine the dressing.
Steaming chicken is a healthier choice, and it’s my favorite method when I want to add it to other recipes, like salads or tacos. The chicken is thoroughly cooked without adding extra fat. To keep the meat as moist and juicy as possible, after seasoning the chicken, wrap it tightly with cling film and place it in the steamer. This is a great tip to prevent juices from escaping and say adios forever to dry plastic chicken.
Shred the chicken into bite-sized chunks and season with Thai inspired ingredients including fresh lime juice and cilantro, basil, red chilli, a glug of extra virgin olive oil and salt&pepper. I love the rich aroma of toasted sesame oil, so I’ve secretly added a few drops. It’s totally optional but the deep flavour really compliments nicely those tacos.
If you have time to make your own tortillas, go for it! For one of those tacos cravings moments ( I have them all the time), a good store-bought alternative will do. I had only flour tortillas at hand, so there was very little choice to make, but corn tortillas are definitely a fantastic alternative. You can also skip the tortillas altogether and use lettuce wraps to conveniently turn these tacos gluten-free.
I’m addicted to these tacos lately and I make them all the time, whether it’s lunch/dinner time or all I want is a quick full-filling snack. It really takes no more than 15 mins from start to finish to put them together, so when I don’t feel like cooking, these little guys always come to rescue me. I like them simple as they are with a squeeze of lime juice on top ( and this way they’re also dairy-free), but you can go for your favorite sauce, a dollop of sour cream or light yoghurt.
[easy-tweet tweet=”Quick Thai Chicken Tacos – Ready in 15min, easy and crazy delicious! ” user=”PetiteCook”]
You can’t go wrong with this quick Thai chicken tacos recipe – it’s ridiculously easy, delicious, and results in a perfect balanced meal!
Quick Thai Chicken Tacos
- 2 four or corn tortillas
- lime wedges to serve
For the chicken:
- 1 chicken breast
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 fresh red chili or 1/2 tsp dry chilli flakes, finely minced
- 1 tbsp extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil optional
- salt & pepper
For the filling:
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup white cabbage
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 4 tbsp sweetcorn
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and a little squeeze of lime juice. Wrap in cling film and cook in your steamer for 8-10 mins.
- In the meantime prepare the tacos filling. Finely slice purple and white cabbage, bell pepper, carrot and avocado.
- Warm your tortillas up on a grill or frying pan until nicely hot.
- Remove chicken from the steamer and shred into bite-sized pieces. Transfer into a bowl and juice of 1 lime, basil, chilli, olive and sesame oil, salt & pepper to taste. Combine well all ingredients.
- Fill each tortilla with chopped vegetables, sweetcorn and seasoned chicken.
- Top with a squeeze of lime juice and serve.