Bursting with vibrant Thai flavors, this is probably the easiest Vegan Pad Thai ever! Ready in less than 30min, naturally gluten-free and easy to customize with your favorite veggies.
Simple things are often the best, and this Easy Vegan Pad Thai is the perfect example.
This is an effortlessly easy recipe ready in less than 30 min, perfect if you're craving a light but tasty meal on busy nights. All you need is simple ingredients such as rice noodles, asian-style veggies (think red cabbage, sprouting broccoli, baby corn, snow peas), roasted peanuts, red chilli, garlic, fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro and a super easy homemade Thai dressing.
I love to use Thai rice noodles whenever I can, they are quite easy to find nowadays (just look in the Asian department of your local supermarket or in an Asian food-store), and super quick to prepare, plus they're awesomely gluten-free. You should also be able to find the tamarind paste, but if not, just skip it altogether.
Authentic Pad Thai calls for fish sauce, which I've obviously omit it in this vegan version, but I don't find skipping it compromises the final taste. Of course, if you don't have any dietary requirements feel free to add 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce into the dressing mix.
If you don't have any dietary restriction, you can use this Vegan Pad Thai recipe as a base, then customize it with your favorite protein: eggs, chicken, turkey, prawns, fish all work wonderfully with this recipe. Same goes with the veggies, I often just throw in whatever vegetables I have left in the fridge.
Whether you're a Thai food lover or just venturing for the first time into Asian recipes, it really doesn't get easier than this Vegan Pad Thai.
This recipe has lately become a family favorite here at home! I absolute love the fragrant fresh Thai flavours this simple dish brings out - I could never get tired of this awesome veggie-loaded Pad Thai!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
The Easiest Vegan Pad Thai
- 200 gr flat rice noodles
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 60 gr snow peas
- 100 gr sprouting broccoli
- 4 baby corns roughly chopped
- 100 gr red cabbage finely chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and julienned
- 50 g dry roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
For the sauce:
- 60 ml gluten-free soy sauce or fish sauce for non-vegan version
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste thinned with a little water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Soak the noodles in lukewarm water for 6-7 min. Then drain and rinse under cool water and set aside in a colander.
- In a small bowl, combine together soy sauce,tamarind, sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat a large wok over medium heat. Swirl a glug of olive oil in the pan,add in garlic and chilli and stir fry for a few seconds. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add into the pan sprouting broccoli, snow peas, baby corn, carrots and red cabbage and stir-fry for a few mins.
- Stir in the noodles and sauce and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Add in the garlic and chilli previously set aside and stir-fry for 1-2 min, then remove from the pan.
- Squeeze the juice of a lime over the noodles, then sprinkle spring onion, cilantro and roasted peanuts on top and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
-You can substitute soy sauce with tamari sauce
-Make sure you do not over cook the rice noodles, otherwise they'll become very soggy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.