Get into the holiday spirit with all the delicious flavors of the season packed in a cute, healthy vegan apple crumble.
Can you think of a healthier fruit than apples? From the tart Granny Smith to the sweet Pink Lady, there’s a different variety for every day of the year and even more, there are more than 7000 in the world. High in fibers, a natural way to keep your teeth bright and clean, apples are great to boost your immune system too, especially during these cold days.
You can’t never get bored with eating apples just the way they are, but since they’re also delicious when baked, an Apple Crumble is the easiest way to make a fantastic no-brainer dessert.
This 5-steps recipe couldn’t be simpler, you only need a bunch of ingredients such as crunchy Granny Smith Apples, sweet cranberries, few spices and super energetic almonds and hazelnuts.
This Vegan Apple Crumble is a heart-warming dessert for the holidays, you can make a large cake-sized version or 6 cute individual pots. This smart dessert pleases everyone, it’s dairy free & gluten free, so you have no excuses but help yourself with a spoon.
Whilst you can use your favorite apples, I usually go for Bramley or Green Smith apples when making this delicious crumble.
A fantastic idea for your Christmas party, whether you’ll be a guest or the host, everyone will love this delicacy!
- 4 Bramley or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup peeled hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- In a large bowl, mix apples, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fill the mixture into a 9-inch cake pan and preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, hazelnuts and coconut butter.
- Spread the filling evenly on top of the apples.
- Bake for about 45 mins or until apples are soft. If the top browns too quickly, cover with foil and continue to bake.
- Allow to cool and serve. Enjoy!