These vegan bounty bars are gluten-free, super easy to make and require just 4 simple ingredients! Learn how to make them with just 10 minutes of prep!
If you’re anything of a coconut lover like me, you’ll totally love these vegan bounty bars.
These are possibly the best chocolate bars I have ever tasted. And I’m pretty sure you’re going to love them as much as I do.
This homemade version tastes A MILLION times better, and most importantly you know exactly what goes in it.
Here are a few reasons to love these vegan bounty bars. They’re:
- ready in less than 30 minutes
- 4 ingredients required
What’s not to love? All you need is 4 simple ingredients to make these awesome homemade bounty bars:
- desiccated coconut (or coconut flour if you like)
- coconut milk
- dark chocolate (make sure it’s organic vegan chocolate)
- maple syrup
Most recipes call for condensed milk or coconut butter, but you’ll be amazed by the great results you get with organic coconut milk. And it also makes this recipe completely vegan.
How to Make Delicious Coconut Bars in 3 Easy Steps
If you don’t have a food processor simply put the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spatula.
With the help of your hands shape small amounts of the coconut mixture into bars.
While the homemade bounty bars set in the fridge/freezer prep the chocolate.
Melt the chocolate ( you can use regular chopped chocolate or chocolate chips) in a microwave or in a heat-proof bowl over a pan with boiling water ( this process is called bain-marie).
Then arrange the bars on a wire rack and cover each one of them with melted chocolate.
You can also simply pour the melted chocolate over each bar, and allow the chocolate to set. Then dip each bar into a plate with more melted chocolate to cover their base.
Store your coconut bars in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can also arrange them on a tray covered with parchment paper, and arrange in the freezer for 30 minutes, then store them in a freezer-friendly bag for up to 1 month.
Tips For Perfect Homemade Bounty Bars
Since there are only 4 ingredients needed to make these delicious vegan bounty bars, make sure you choose them correctly.
Coconut Milk: I use canned full-fat coconut milk. You’re going to need only the “fatty” part of the canned coconut milk (so make sure you don’t shake the can before using it).
You can store the “watery” part for other uses (try adding it in smoothies!).
Many readers have asked if they can substitute coconut milk with coconut cream, and the answer is YES.
Once you remove the watery bit of the coconut milk can, the result is pretty thick and similar to coconut cream.
Desiccated Coconut: I use desiccated coconut for making my homemade bounty bars, but you can also use coconut flour if you like (but be aware, it will result in a fine sandy texture).
Chocolate: The chocolate you choose is critical for the bars you’ll get. If you want bounty bars go for milk chocolate (but they won’t be vegan), if you want mounds bars go for 70% dark chocolate.
Maple Syrup: Organic maple syrup is my go-to choice to sweeten up my vegan bounty bars.
More Vegan Recipes You’ll Love:
- Homemade Italian Pizza Dough
- The BEST Vegan Apple Crumble
- The EASIEST Vegan Chocolate Muffins
- Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Vegan Bounty Bars - Just 4 Ingredients!
- 7 oz desiccated coconut flour (200 gr)
- 3/4 can full-fat coconut milk (eliminate the watery part)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 7 oz 70% organic dark chocolate (200 gr)
- In a food processor add coconut flour, coconut milk and maple syrup.
- Mix for 30 seconds or until combined, scraping down the mixture with a spatula if necessary.
- Shape the mixture into small logs and arrange them on a baking tray covered with parchment. Refrigerate for 1 hour in the fridge, or in the freezer for 10-15 min.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a heat-proof bowl over a pan filled with simmering water. Once melted allow to cool slightly.
- Dip each bounty bar into melted chocolate and arrange on a cooling rack.
- Make sure you put some parchment paper beneath the rack to catch the chocolate in excess.
- Allow your bounty bars to set then serve.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.