Give a refreshing twist to classic lobster roll - These Summer Lobster Rolls filled up with vibrant and healthier ingredients for the perfect summer meal!
A classic all-American favorite, these summer lobster rolls makes the best use of hot dogs buns and succulent lobster.
I've tried lobster rolls before, but I always found them a bit too rich. So I much prefer my own version ( so I know exactly what goes in).
To make lobster rolls, you only need very simple ingredients:
- lobster tails
- frozen sweetcorn and garden peas
- greek yogurt
- sour cream
- spring onion
- and hot dog buns ( even better if you can find brioche buns)
Other than that, I like to add some freshly chopped cilantro and red chili, to give a nice spicy kick and balance the sweetness of the veggies.
These light summer lobster rolls are very quick and easy to make, and come together in just as little as 20 minutes.
Start by steaming the lobster tails, in the meantime blanch the sweetcorn and peas and grill the buns.
Then, all you have to do is mix together the lobster meat with the veggies, sour cream and greek yogurt , some lemon juice and zest, chopped cilantro and chili.
Don't forget to season well with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
There you go, your delicious lobster mixture is all ready to be stuffed in the buns and go straight into your mouth!
I really hope you give these awesome and light summer lobster rolls a try.
If you do, make sure to comment here below. Don’t forget to snap a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it with me and all your friends on Instagram!
More Summer Recipes To Try:
Summer Lobster Rolls
- 2 lobster tails
- 100 gr frozen peas
- 100 gr frozen sweetcorn
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 125 gr light sour cream
- 100 gr greek yogurt
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 red chilli pepper finely minced
- a bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- sea salt and black pepper
- Place the lobster tails in the steamer basket, cover, and steam until opaque and cooked through, for about 12 minutes.
- With the help of kitchen scissor, cut straight down the central membrane break the tail in half vertically. Remove the meat from the shell immediately and chop into bites.
- Meanwhile, blanch the sweetcorn and garden peas in a pot of simmering water, for about 4 mins. Cool under cold running water and transfer in a large bowl.
- Add into the bowl the lobster, spring onion, sour cream, greek yogurt, cilantro, lemon juice and zest and red chilli. Season well with salt and pepper and mix all the ingredients together.
- Brush the insides of the buns with a little olive oil. Grill the buns, oiled-side down, over medium heat until golden, 3-4 minutes.
- Divide the lobster salad between the buns and serve straight away. Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.